WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The way out. Sharkey, Betsy // Adweek Western Edition;7/19/93, Vol. 43 Issue 29, p22
Focuses on the status of homosexuals in the advertising industry. Issues of sexual orientation; Support structure; Effects on work performance and client relations of admission of homosexuality; Absence of leadership and unity among gay men and women; Conflict between qualification and sexual...
- The world. // Advocate;03/31/98, Issue 756, p18
Uncovers news about gays and lesbians around the world. Sentences for men who videotaped themselves in an orgy in Bolton, England; Sex discrimination lawsuit filed by a British lesbian in Luxembourg; First head of New Zealand to attend the annual gay HERO parade.
- Struggling for Acceptance. Adam // Teen Ink;Apr2014, p25
The article presents the author's views on being gay, dealing with topics including the need for LGBT people to have equal rights and treatment as heterosexuals, coming out, and being forced to hide his sexual orientation to please his parents.
- SLEEPING TIGERS. Lewis, James // Gay Times (09506101);Jan2006, Issue 328, p66
This article notes the growing population of gay people in China as of January 2006 and urges the Chinese authorities to pay attention to their needs. The relationship of the state with gay people is described. Currently, there is no legal protections against discrimination for Chinese gays, the...
- LENNY. Giteck, Lenny // Advocate;12/24/85, Issue 436, p5
Points out that one positive note about the AIDS epidemic is that it has shown the world that homosexuals exist. Media silence on discrimination about homosexuality; NBC television newscaster Tom Brokaw's view that the AIDS epidemic has caused discrimination against homosexuals.
- The Supreme Court Stole the Show. Ball, Carlos A. // Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide;May/Jun2001, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p20
Discusses the 'Romer v. Evans' case in which the United States Supreme Court struck down Amendment 2 that prohibited state agencies and municipalities from enacting anti-discrimination protection on the basis of sexual orientation. Comparison with the 'Bush v. Gore' case; Implications of the...
- BEYOND OPPRESSION. Rauch, Jonathan // New Republic;5/10/93, Vol. 208 Issue 19, p18
Focuses on the aspects of life for gays in the U.S. Objects of scorn for teenagers; Persecuted by the military; Denial of the sanctuary of publicly recognized marriage; Stigma of AIDS; Standard political model which views homosexuals as oppressed minority who must fight for their liberation...
- Arts in society. Bridle, Marc // New Statesman & Society;10/13/95, Vol. 8 Issue 374, p26
Focuses on the social conditions of gays in Great Britain as of October 13, 1995. End of fashionability of the marriage between gayness and consumerism; Mainstreaming of gay community; Loss of gay identity; De-marginalization of gay issues.
- Dispatches from Kingston. Mills, Matt // Xtra (Toronto);5/8/2008, Issue 614, p16
The author reflects on his visit to Kingston, Jamaica and the social condition of gay people living in it.