Educating Father Abraham: The Meaning of Fatherhood
- Educating Father Abraham: The Meaning of Wife. Kass, Leon R. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov1994, Issue 47, p16
Discusses the subject of wife in line with God's education of Abraham. Elements of sexuality in the primordial couple living in the Garden of Eden; Experiences of Abraham in Egypt; Adventures of Abraham and his wife Sarah that confound the meaning of wife.
- You Will Start Referring to Your Wife as "Mom". Laskas, Jeanne Marie // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jun2007, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p196
The article describes how new dads will start referring to their wife as mom. The wife will say it first, or maybe the husband will. For the first time, it will be a little joke just between couples, who were once lovers and now parents. A wife would love seeing her partner become a dad, and...
- Abraham and Moriah-A Journey to Fulfillment. Och, Bernard // Judaism;Summer89, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p293
Interprets the journey of Abraham from Haran to Mount Moriah as written in the Bible. Description of the supreme act of Divine-human encounter; Account of the symbolic representations of fulfillment; Reenactment of mankind's wandering from Eden to Babel; Discussion of recapitulation and...
- Why Hagar left. Berman, Phyllis Ocean // Tikkun;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p21
Tells another version of the story about the other reason why Hagar left as opposed to the biblical account in order to look beyond the world of competition and jealousy and the role of women in shaping the world. Lovestory of Sarai and Avram; Immigration of Sarai and Avram; Capture of Sarai...
- DON'T DIS ME IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME! REREADING THE ABRAHAM-LOT NARRATIVE: GENESIS 11.27-22.24. Sturge, Mark // Black Theology in Britain: A Journal of Contextual Praxis;Nov2001, Issue 7, p62
A re-appraisal of the stories of Abraham and Lot is offered in which Abraham's unquestioned mythical and cultic status are challenged. Lot is seen in a more positive light and his experiences of loss and suffering are explored. The call is made for an honest reading of the stories of...
- BIBLE HEROES. // Boys' Life;Nov2006, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p51
The article presents the continuation of the story of Abraham, a Biblical hero.
- FEATURES FROM THE BIBLE. // East Bernard Express (TX);12/28/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 53, p4
An excerpt from the book of Genesis in the Bible, Chapters 17 and 18 about Abraham, the father of all nations, and his wife Sarah that they will have a son despite of their old age is presented.
- "Has the story reached thee, of the honored guests of Abraham?". Snodgrass, Bowie // Anglican Theological Review;Winter2010, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p175
The article provides an answer to a question on the story of the honored guests of Abraham.
- The Life and Death if Abram the Doubter. Chertok, Haim // Judaism;Fall84, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p458
Focuses on the faithful service of Abraham to God. Role of Abraham in building a nation; Importance of Abraham in the works of God; Pattern of Jewish piety in divine sadism.