Christianity and the West: Ambiguous Past, Uncertain Future
- The Terminus A Quo of The Day of the Lord: The Deciding Argument for Pretribulationism. Hullinger, Jerry M. // Journal of Ministry & Theology;Fall2015, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p69
The article discusses the argument on Pretribulationism as well as the Terminus A Quo of the Day of the Lord.
- INTERSECTIONS. Harrington, Daniel J. // America;3/8/2010, Vol. 202 Issue 7, p26
The article examines the similarities between Judaism and Christianity. It indicates that Israel plays a key role in enabling Christians to delineate a responsible vision of what participation in the renewal of creation might mean. It suggests that justification should be understood in the wider...
- The Consummate Trinity and Participation in the Life of God. Edgar, Brian // Evangelical Review of Theology;Apr2014, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p112
The article stresses that the significance of the eschaton for humanity is linked with the future eschatological life of God in whom all things come together. It elaborates on the three forms of Trinitarian thought associated with economic, essential and consummate Trinitarianism. It also...
- Two Sides of the Coin. Bergant, Dianne // America;6/21/2004, Vol. 190 Issue 20, p31
Reflects on several biblical passages related to the kingdom of God. Description of life in the kingdom of God; Duty of Christians to propagate peace. INSET: Praying With Scripture.
- Creative Spirit. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;1/21/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p1a
The article discusses how the people of God suffer when leadership is out of balance, and find their ways to compensate. Two millennia of the Catholic imagination extend to imagination in service of God's people, from the founding purpose of many a religious order to the growth of lay ministry...
- The 'Spiritual' Task of Restoration: A Brief Note on Galatians 6:1Â¹. Sweeney, James P. // Expository Times;May2003, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p259
Discusses the context of the first verse of the sixth chapter of 'Paul's Letter to the Galatians.' Addresses Paul used in the letter; Interpretation of the phrase you of the Spirit; Views on Paul's eschatology and understanding of the Christian life.
- ALTCHRISTLICHE ESCHATOLOGIE ZWISCHEN BIBEL UND PLATON. Ritter, Adolf Martin // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Theologa Orthodoxa;Dec2011, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p243
The patristic works, just as the New Testament, mention the bliss of the righteous in the after-life far more often and with more emphasis than when they talk about the fate of the sinners. Patristic literature generally displays a very optimistic tone with regard to salvation. There are...
- Spreading Fires: The Globalization of Pentecostalism in the Twentieth Century. Anderson, Allan // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Jan2007, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the main features of global Pentecostalism including a historical narrative of early years and its relevance to Christianity. The role of premillenial eschatology in Christianity was focused on evangelizing the nations in preparation for the return of Christ. Global...
- An Ended Time. Mc Corry, Vincent P. // America;11/20/1965, Vol. 113 Issue 21, p649
The article focuses on the end of times according to the Epistle of Colossians 1:10-11. It explores the duty of Christians to live and persevere with his or her energy to meet the reasonable demands the God requires him or her to fulfil. It also requires the man of God to endure himself or...