TRUTH AND TOLERANCE
- De pace fidei: de la libertad a la tolerancia. Solari, Enzo // Teologia y Vida;2012, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p439
This article summarizes the fundamental reasonings in De pace fidei and goes on to show some of their most relevant recent readings, to finally lay down some questions which are still worth exploring in the cited work, in particular its connection with the philosophy of freedom of the Cusanus...
- Christian Values and Nihilism. Robinson, Dave // Nietzsche & Postmodernism;6/ 1/1999, p26
The article analyzes the view of philosopher Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche on Christian values and nihilism. It says that Christian or slave values are created out of resentment and repression and are the outcome of projected hostility. It explains the impact of Christian morality as a moral code...
- Orthodoxy. Byfield, Ted; Byfield, Virginia // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/10/96, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p36
Comments on the issue of religious tolerance. Selectivity of this religious tolerance; State's preference for religious tolerance because of its preference for religious ineffectuality.
- Tolerance and community: A medieval communal functionalist argument for religious toleration. Nederman, Cary J. // Journal of Politics;Nov94, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p901
Presents 14th century author Marsiglio of Padua's defense of religious toleration as proof that religious tolerance is not solely a hallmark of liberal political theory. Theory of `communal functionalism' during the Latin Middle Ages; Religious difference and civic intercourse and inclusion.
- You're so narrow-minded! Hostetler, Bob // Campus Life;Sep98, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p66
Discusses the true essence of religious tolerance. Definition of tolerance; Problems with today's definition of tolerance; Advice to Christians when talking with their non-Christian friends about faith. INSET: Here's how you can practice true tolerance.
- Religious liberties and religious tolerance: An agenda for... Young, Michael K. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1996, Vol. 1996 Issue 4, p973
Presents information on religious tolerance in Asia. Comparison of religious tolerance in Asia, to the United States; Development of a doctrinal basis for religious tolerance, and liberties; Collaboration between religious-liberties advocates, and international human-rights advocates.
- Some spiritual sources of tolerance. Ricoeur, Paul // Diogenes;1996, Vol. 44 Issue 176, p113
Examines the various aspects of tolerance as it relates to religion. Part played by religion; Dangers of temptation; Sources of temptation.
- On Islamic tolerance. Bouhdiba, Abdelwahab // Diogenes;1996, Vol. 44 Issue 176, p121
Opinion. Discusses the various aspects of tolerance from a religious perspective, focusing on Islamic tolerance. Author's views of the need of tolerance; Distortion in interpersonal and international relationships; Problems relating to tolerance; Arabic definition of tolerance; How it relates...
- To an expanding world of mind-closure. Soyinka, Wole // Diogenes;1996, Vol. 44 Issue 176, p157
Opinion. Discusses the various aspects of religious tolerance. Why the author felt obliged to alert the world to the aggression of religious tolerance; Attention of the fact that religions exist; Information on `fundamentalism.'