WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Adult books: Nonfiction. Schroeder, Steve // Booklist;12/1/94, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p636
Reviews the book `Feminist Theological Ethics: A Reader,' edited by Lois K. Daly.
- Who Cares/Moral Dilemmas of Feminism/Feminist Theological Ethics/... (Book). Stearns, Gail J. // NWSA Journal;Fall95, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p150
Reviews books about gender and ethics. 'Who Cares? Women, Care, and Culture,' by Julia T. Wood; 'Moral Dilemmas of Feminism: Prostitution, Adultery, and Abortion,' by Laurie Shrage; 'Feminist Theological Ethics,' edited by Lois K. Daly; 'Lesbian Choices,' by Claudia Card.
- What Happened to the Women's Movement? Epstein, Barbara // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;May2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p1
Talks about the disappearance of feminist movements. Activeness of feminist movements from 1960 to 1980; Reason for the decline of feminist movements; Influence of the perspective of the middle class on feminism.
- Promoting Civil Society? Richter, James // Problems of Post-Communism;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p30
Comments on the negative and the positive effect of foreign assistance on the feminist movement in Russia. Reasons why many Russians dismiss feminism as an alien philosophy imported from the West; Difficulties in encouraging local feminist organizations to facilitate collective actions and...
- FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE. Gregory-Lewis, Sasha // Advocate;9/24/75, Issue 173, p21
Explores the concepts of feminism and feminists. True female principle; Self-identified feminists; Lack of justification for the destruction of things that benefit others.
- African Studies. // Politique Africaine;jui2008, Issue 110, p208
A list of the articles published in the volume 67 of the journal "African Studies" is presented which includes "Feminism and Contemporary Culture in South Africa," by R. Frenkel, "Text and Context: The South African Case of Home Affairs," by S. J. Bradfield and "The Current State of South...
- Dialogues: (Post) Institutionalized Feminism: Defining the 'F-word'. Kent, Holly M. // thirdspace: a journal of feminist theory & culture;2008, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to a series of articles in the issue's Dialogues section is presented on topics including feminist praxis, feminist pedagogy and feminist history.
- Profeminist Men's European Network. // Women's International Network News;Autumn98, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p68
Focuses on the Profeminist Men's European Network which offers a documentation center, a database, a quarterly newsletter and a free CD-ROM.
- DYKE & PROUD. // Advocate;8/27/75, Issue 171, p32
Focuses on the feminist perspective of the author. Fashion of feminists; Alternative to men's clothes.