WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The United Nations and Civil Society: A New Step in the Right Direction. Gagain Jr., John R. // UN Chronicle;Jun-Aug2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p74
Discusses the participation of the civil society in the activities of the United Nations. Efforts of establishing a Civil Society Bureau as an integral part of the World Summit on the Information Society; Involvement of various non governmental organizations; Cooperation of civil society and...
- Johannesburg Summit 2002. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jun2002, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p98
Highlights the World Summit on Sustainable Development 2002 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Discussion on the interests of government and non-governmental organizations; Participation of analyst Kirsten Roesler of the Air Security International; Availability of the Web site for the Civil...
- UNGASS review: reports show little progress on human rights. Patterson, David // Canadian HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;Dec2003, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p34
Details the September 22, 2002 meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York and its focus on the global AIDS epidemic. Agenda topic of achieving the goals of the UN General Assembly Special Session (UNGASS) on HIV/AIDS, also known as the Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS;...
- The Church and Abortion. NAVARRETE, CARLOS // Conscience: The News Journal of Catholic Opinion;Summer2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p6
The article offers world news briefs related to abortion legislation and Catholic church issues. A constitutional reform was introduced in Mexico that would make abortion a human right. Nongovernment organizations (NGOs) and trade unions have produced a report that calls for the legislation...
- Three Questions About WSIS: A Civil Society Perspective from Wtihin. Padovani, Claudia // Information Technologies & International Development;Spring/Summer2004, Vol. 1 Issue 3/4, p123
Answers several questions about the World Summit on the Information Society held in Geneva, Switzerland in December 2003. Involvement of civil society organizations in the event; Accomplishments of WSIS; Issues on information society which were tackled during the event.
- What's Behind the UN Attack on the Church? Hendershott, Anne // Human Life Review;Winter2014, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p132
An essay is presented on the attack of the United Nations (UN) to the Catholic Church. It explores the article "Kicking the Church out of the UN," by Austin Ruse in the October 2013 crisis, condemned the role of Vatican City in encouraging the UN to stop funding for abortion services, and...
- The Millennium Assembly. Rieff, David // Global Governance;Apr-Jun2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p127
Reports the organization of a summit conference of world leaders and representatives of nongovernmental organizations by the United Nations (UN). Reference to the failures of several peacekeeping negotiations and conferences; Aim of UN to improve the economy of disadvantaged group; Mission and...
- The Africans steal the show. Commey, Pusch; Mbakwe, Tom // New African;Oct2002, Issue 411, p28
Highlights the United Nations Earth Summit in Johannesburg, South Africa. Theme of the event; List of participants; Goals and objectives.
- World Water Summit opens in Budapest. // Hungary A.M.;10/9/2013, p6
The article offers information on the World Water Summit to be held in October 2013 in Budapest, Hungary.