WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Abortion: Violence begets violence. // U.S. News & World Report;1/9/95, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p10
Reports that a gunman opened fire at two abortion clinics in Brookline, Massachusetts, killing two people and wounding five others in January 1994. Possible connections among acts of violence at clinics nationwide; Condemnation of the shootings by abortion-rights supporters and opponents alike;...
- Advertising Abortion During the 1830s and 1840s: Madame Restell Builds a Business. Olasky, Marvin // Journalism History;Summer86, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p49
The article explores how abortionist Anna Lohman, also known as Madame Restell, took advantage of newspaper advertising to promote her business in New York City during the early 19th century. It notes the strategies used by abortionists to advertise their products and services in newspapers...
- Blood and innocence. Rymer, Russ // Vogue;Oct94, Vol. 184 Issue 10, p371
Reports on the murder of doctor John Bayard Britton in Fernandina Beach, Florida. Paul Hill as the assassin; Britton as the community doctor; Practice of abortion operations; Denunciation of abortion during the funeral services; Abortion protestors riot during the funeral.
- Physicians under fire. Rubin, Rita; Headden, Susan // U.S. News & World Report;1/16/95, Vol. 118 Issue 2, p52
States that many abortion providers are often under siege and living in fear. Murder of clinic doctors and Florida in 1993 and 1994 and shooting that left two Boston clinic receptionists dead; Violence and harassment driving doctors out of the business of performing abortions or deterring them...
- Texas Builder Boycott Blocks Abortion Clinic Construction. // Human Life Review;Fall2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p108
Reprints an article by Steve Brown about Texas' opposition against abortion clinic construction.
- Doctors who perform abortions. // Glamour;Feb96, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p83
Presets the results of a study by the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation on obstetricians-gynecologists in the United States who perform abortions.
- Abortion matters. // Women's International Network News;Summer95, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
Informs about the International Conference on Reducing the Need and Improving the Quality of Abortion Services, to be held at Amsterdam, The Netherlands from March 27 to 29, 1996. Programme content; Conference themes.
- Abortion protestors picket clinics in the Philippines. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/24/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7029, p462
Reports on nationwide demonstrations that took place outside abortion clinics in the Philippines. Catholic population of the Philippines; Practice of abortion in the Philippines.
- Take me out to the abortion clinic. Grace, Kevin Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/8/96, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p24
Reports on a monthly rosary rally in front of a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Alberta. Observation of the attitudes of the men and women entering the abortion clinic.