WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Pa. School District Considers Adding 'Intelligent Design.' // Church & State;Feb2003, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p17
Reports that members of the School Board organization have added a sentence to the school's mission statement in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. Intention of the board; Modification of the mission statement of the school; Feedback from the school administrators about the proposal.
- Creating a Collaborative Vision in Two Years. GUTHRIE, STEPHEN H. // School Administrator;Jan2013, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p14
The author discusses the creation of a new vision and mission statement for the Carroll County Public School District in Westminster, Maryland. His concerns regarding informing the school district board of his plans to move away from their traditional mission and vision statements are mentioned....
- Planning Made Easier. Eadie, Doug // American School Board Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 195 Issue 2, p40
The article provides suggestions for organization to help school boards identify and work through issues of high importance using the strategic change portfolio. It is noted that planning in the long-term has not always been a successful strategy but using the strategic change portfolio method,...
- What would you do if … your board had no official vision statement or goals? // American School Board Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 193 Issue 1, p48
The article presents a scenario wherein a school board has no official vision statement or goals and offers a solution to the problem. Vision statements and goals that end up in the drawer are indeed a waste of time. But goals that focus the board on the work to be done and its role in that work...
- PROVIDENCE CRISTO REY. // Indiana Lawyer;12/2/2015 Supplement Giving Guide, p76
The article offers information on the Providence Cristo Rey College Preparatory School in Indianapolis, Indiana. Topics include its mission statement, top funding sources, and annual scholarship event. The school's board of directors are also presented who include Sean M. O'Connor, Terri Grant,...
- Newcomer might upset GOP Senate primary in Mich. Joseph, Cameron // Hill;7/25/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 95, p16
The article presents information on Clark Durant, businessmen who is receiving support from the people of Michigan.
- Mean what you say. Murphy, Brian // Across the Board;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p63
Presents information on the components that should be in a company's mission statement. Customer needs; Management philosophy.
- Mission possible. Bart, Christopher K. // CA Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p33
Opinion. Looks at how mission statements in companies and employees reaction to the statements. Reference to a survey by Bain and Company; Questionnaire on mission statements; Importance of mission statements.
- Mission matters. Bart, Christopher K. // CA Magazine;Mar1998, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p31
Looks at the concepts of mission statements on the success of a business. Benefits of mission statements; Reference to General Electric's statement; Listing of several items that are associated with the performance of businesses; What mission statements should focus on. INSET: Not all mission...