WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Public Sociology: Problematics, Publicity, and Possibilities. Nichols, Lawrence // American Sociologist;Dec2009, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p233
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various articles published within the issue, including one by Darren Noy on public sociology, one by Joey Sprague and Heather Laube focusing on women in sociology, and one by Mathias Revers on sociologists in the Austrian...
- Referees. // Social Forces;Mar86, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p796
Presents a list of sociologists who reviewed papers for the journal 'Social Forces' from July 1984 through June 1985.
- SOZIOLOGISCHE FORSCHUNG IN DER SCHWEIZ. Meyer, Ruth; Renaud, Martial // Swiss Journal of Sociology;nov1975, Issue 1, p201
The article discusses the state of sociological research in Switzerland, including a joint survey research undertaking with Bad Godesberg, Germany, to examine projects and methods in various cantons of the country. The distribution of researchers by age group and gender is presented. Gaps in the...
- TOOLS OF PRACTICE. // Handbook of Clinical Sociology;2001, p195
Introduces a series of articles on the tools clinical sociologists use: mediation and conflict resolution, program evaluation, creating and shaping social policy, and preventive programming.
- Editores chilenos y rutinas periodÃsticas: RevisiÃ³n y propuesta para un estudio sobre el cambio en la sala de redacciÃ³n. Lecaros, María José; Greene, Francisca // Cuadernos de InformaciÃ³n;ene-jun2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p53
The following article begins with a critical review of the proposal made by media sociology on journalistic routines and evaluates its validity for the study of journalistic routines in Chile. Through in-depth interviews with a group of Chilean editors, it investigates the routines used and to...
- Sociology and the collapse of communism. Hollander, Paul // Society;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p26
This article explores the contributions of American sociology to the understanding of the disintegration of communist systems. Since American sociology has always shown a resolute indifference toward communist systems their collapse could not be expected to have much impact of either its...
- Editor's Introduction: Canons, Classics and Publics. Nichols, Lawrence // American Sociologist;Sep2015, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p301
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various report within the issue on topics including sociology, sociologists and writing editorial and opinion.
- Sociological Approach to Research on Religion: Bangladesh Perspectives. Saaduddin, K.A.M. // Bangladesh e-Journal of Sociology;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p19
After brief comments on the launching of the Department of World Religions in the University of Dhaka, this paper reviews concisely the contributions of significant sociologists to comparative academic study of religion, in some cases having had foundational impact on how the field or discipline...
- Verbandsmitteilungen. // Arbeit;2011, Issue 2, p116
The article addresses several events and items of the BDS (Bundesverband Deutscher Soziologinnen und Soziologen e.V.), such as congresses, personnel announcements, and affiliated associations.