A JESUIT AWAKENING
- Aborting Logic. DeMarco, Donald // Human Life Review;Fall2008, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p80
The article focuses on the logic of abortion in the U.S. It denotes that a passage from novelist and short-story writer John Irving on abortion contains well over a dozen logical fallacies compacted within a relatively brief span of words. It outlines the claim of a prominent Catholic coach at a...
- No easy, quick-fix solutions to abortion issues. // National Catholic Reporter;11/08/96, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p20
Editorial. Comments on the current Catholic church position on abortion. Impact of abortion on Catholic instincts; Politically self-defeating; Catholic theology's lack of nuance; Legal limitations; Paralysis in the public policy arena.
- Sense of the faithful. Stasek, Rosemary // New Internationalist;Jul98, Issue 303, p22
Opinion. Discusses religious aspects with the Catholic church associated with abortion. Contradiction within the church over abortions; Teaching of Saint Thomas Aquinas on abortion; Details on Catholic beliefs on abortions.
- Faces at the clinic. Nortz, Elaine // America;3/12/1994, Vol. 170 Issue 9, p14
Narrates the experiences of a Catholic volunteer at a prayer rally near an abortion clinic in Washington, D.C. Glimpse of the many faces of abortion; Mockery and insults from pro-choice activists; Discouragement of watching death from the outside.
- Stand by them! Winters, Michael Sean // America;4/19/1997, Vol. 176 Issue 13, p16
Focuses on the issue of abortion and the reaction of pro-life movement. How the church help in confronting the problems of unwanted pregnancy; Comments of women who had experienced abortion; Factors involve in the debate about abortion; Counseling for a woman who will undergo abortion; Factors...
- Cultural Differences in the Abortion Discourse of the Catholic Church: Evidence from Four Countries. Dillon, Michele // Sociology of Religion;Spring96, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p25
This essay investigates the cultural themes used by the Catholic Church in arguing against abortion in four different countries: Ireland, Poland, the U.S., and England & Wales. The focus is whether the Church differentiates its use of cultural arguments in accordance with its insider/outsider...
- CHD denies charges that it is funding abortion industry. // National Catholic Reporter;11/19/93, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the United States bishops' domestic antipoverty program Campaign for Human Development's denial of charges that it is funding the abortion establishment. Accusation from the Capitol Research Center; Funding to the National Committee for Responsive Philantropy.
- Healing for abortion needed, Hickey says. // National Catholic Reporter;5/19/95, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p3
Reports that Cardinal James A. Hickey of Washington has invited women who have had abortions to seek forgiveness and return to the Catholic church. Article written in a Vatican newspaper; Comment on the encyclical of Pope John Paul II.
- SINGLE-ISSUE POLITICS. FUCHS, LUCY // Commonweal;11/4/2011, Vol. 138 Issue 19, p28
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the issue of politicization of abortion by politicians and Catholics.