THE CONSTITUTION VS. THE RULE OF JUDGES
- Mr. Jaffa's Constitution. Bork, Robert H. // National Review;2/7/1994, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p61
This article reviews the book "Original Intent and the Framers of the Constitution: A Disputed Question," by Harry V. Jaffa.
- Book reviews: Social sciences. Puro, Steven // Library Journal;12/15/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 21, p148
Reviews the book `Original Intent and the Framers of the Constitution: A Disputed Question,' by Harry V. Jaffa with others.
- The constitution and the declaration. Franck, Matthew J. // Review of Politics;Spring96, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p390
Reviews the book `Original Intent and the Framers of the Constitution: A Disputed Question,' by Harry V. Jaffa, Bruce Ledewitz, Robert L. Stone and George Anastaplo. Foreword by Lewis E. Lehrman; What the book covers; Main focus of the book; Strengths and weaknesses of the book.
- Book reviews. Burgess, Susan // Journal of Politics;Aug95, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p862
Reviews the books `The Constitution in the Courts: Law or Politics?,' by Michael J. Perry and `The Original Intent and the Farmers of the Constitution: A Disputed Question,' by Harry V. Jaffa.
- Moral Order in the Western Tradition: Harry Jaffa's Grand Synthesis of Athens, Jerusalem, and Peoria. Kraynak, Robert P. // Review of Politics;Spring2009, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p181
Harry V. Jaffa has inspired a generation of students in American political thought by defending the natural rights principles of the Declaration of Independence and of Abraham Lincoln. Jaffa is also a defender of Leo Strauss's idea of a "political science of natural right," which Strauss drew...
- HARRY V. JAFFA, 1918-2015. Watson, Bradley C. S. // Modern Age;Summer2015, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p85
An obituary for American historian and political scientist Harry V. Jaffa is presented.
- IN MEMORIAM. Uhlmann, Michael M.; Erler, Edward J.; West, Thomas G.; Arnn, Larry P.; Anton, Michael // Claremont Review of Books;Winter2014/2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
An obituary for Harry Victor Jaffa, a political scientist, college teacher and board of director of the Claremont Institute for the Study of Statesmanship and Political Philosophy in California, who died on January 10, 2015 is presented.
- Comments ON THE DEFENSE OF POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY. Sasseen, Christopher J.; Sheehan, Colleen; Machan, Tibor R.; Olson, Walter; Rybica, Robert G.; Collier, Steven D. // National Review;2/19/1982, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p170
Several letters to the editor in response to articles "In Defense of Political Philosophy: A Letter to Walter Berns," by Harry Jaffa and "A Reply to Harry Jaffa," by Walter Berns presented in the January 22 issue are presented.
- A New Birth of Freedom. Ericson, David F. // Journal of American History;Jun2002, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p225
Reviews the book 'A New Birth of Freedom: Abraham Lincoln and the Coming of the Civil War,' by Harry V. Jaffa.