ANTI-SEMITISM AND OUR COMMON FUTURE
- WAITING FOR BALAAM. Gouttman, Rodney // Quadrant Magazine;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7/8, p36
Presents information on the existence of the new anti-Semitism in Australia. Factors which produced the new anti-Semitism; Barriers to the occurrence of the new anti-Semitism in the country; Comparison between the occurrence of the new anti-Semitism in Australia, the U.S. and Europe.
- Good news from Rome. // Saturday Evening Post;10/17/1964, Vol. 237 Issue 36, p60
Reports that liberal bishops of the Roman Catholic Church, who favor a declaration of religious liberty and a stronger position against anti-Semitism, appears to be in the majority at the Second Vatican Council now in session in Rome. Hope that the liberal bishops will succeed in restoring the...
- Religion as Hatred: Antisemitism as a Case Study. Pawlikowski, John T. // Journal of Hate Studies;2003/2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p37
Presents a case study related to the role of religion as a source of hatred. Focus on the history of Christian antisemitism as an important factor to study how religion can turn into a force for hate; Analysis of the influence of religion on generating prejudice that leads to hatred; Factors...
- 'What Eichmann Started, We'll Finish.'. Jencks, Christopher // New Republic;12/25/61, Vol. 145 Issue 26, p9
Emphasizes the revival of the aggressive intimidation of Jews during the commemoration of the 20th anniversary of Belsen. Definition of the U.S. anti-Semitism; Action taken by the Jewish Community Council of New Haven in Connecticut to upset the truce between popular prejudice and...
- Untitled. French, Sean // New Statesman & Society;1/7/94, Vol. 7 Issue 284, p8
Opinion. Comments on Christians' attitude toward Jews. `Naming of Jesus' in diary; Vladmimir Nabokov's opposition to antiSemitism; Vatican's recognition of Israel; Papal announcement on Jews' responsibility for Christ's death; Christian's lack of understanding of own religion.
- Changing paradigms: Reformist, radical, and rejectionist approaches to the relationship between... Haynes, Stephen R. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Winter95, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p63
Describes the paradigms that reflect differing assumption concerning the relationship between Christianity and anti-Jewish sentiment. Emergence of reformist paradigm; Paradigm for conceiving Christianity's relation to Jew-hatred; Different views regarding Jew-hatred as endemic to Christian...
- The church's mission and the people Israel. Williamson, Clark M. // Christian Century;10/13/93, Vol. 110 Issue 28, p974
Opinion. Discusses the issue of anti-Judaism in the church. Theological and practical aspects of church's stance on Judaism; Theology as bringing the church to self-understanding and self-criticism; Need for the church to change its teachings regarding the Jews; Description of Judaism by...
- Demonization and polemics. Saldarini, Anthony J. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Summer97, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p335
Examines the history of Christian anti-Judaism and Antisemitism. Examples of some of the differences between Judaism and Christianity; Outline of six rules for preaching and teaching about Judaism and Jews among Christians; How Antisemitism was developed.
- John, 'the Jews' and us. Buchanan, John M. // Christian Century;2/23/2010, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p3
The editor presents reflections on references to "the Jews" in the Gospel of John, discusses the positive and negative implications of such references, and advocates careful teaching in Christianity to avoid antisemitism.