Who Broke the Baby?
- Academic Integrity Betrayed. Bradley, Gerard V. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1990, Issue 5, p10
Comments on the brief submitted by U.S. historians in support of the decision in the case Roe versus Wade. Flaw in the argument on the supposed legality of abortion at common law; Discussion of the claim that concern for the life of the fetus became a motivation for opposition to abortion;...
- Las Vegas could become 'abortion tourism' stop. Mylchreest, Ian // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/16/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p5
The article expresses views on the possible increase in the number of abortion cases in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2006. The abortion case Planned Parenthood versus Casey in 1992 influenced the right to an abortion in the city. Other U.S. states exert efforts to regulate abortion cases. The increase...
- ANOTHER FRONT IN THE ABORTION WARS. Fenoglio, Gia // National Journal;2/10/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p432
Focuses on the Child Custody Protection Act introduced in the United States which requires parental notifications in abortion practices involving minors. Impact and social implications of the legislation; Aims of the act; Effectiveness of the parental notification laws.
- Abortion in the United States: politics or policy? Djerassi, Carl // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Apr1986, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p38
Examines key controversies surrounding abortion and birth control in the U.S. Legal status of abortion; Comparison of birth control policies among countries; Prevalence of teenage pregnancy and abortions; Pros and cons to the legalization of abortion.
- King Herod's Legacy/ Growing Up in Post-Roe America. Walsh, Mary // Human Events;1/20/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p18
Presents an article on abortion in the U.S. Comments on the approval of a law which legalized abortion; Actions taken by pro-life movements to oppose the law; Arbitrariness of abortion; Assessment of the psychological impact of abortion on women.
- Sexual-health controversy. Laurence, Leslie // Glamour;Mar98, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p159
Questions whether hospitals or doctors should be allowed to refuse to provide either abortion or birth control services. Statements from Lois Uttley of Family Advocates of New York; Legal aspects in restricting women's choices.
- SWITZERLAND: VOTERS LIFT RESTRICTIONS ON ABORTIONS. // Women's International Network News;Summer2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p58
Reports on the lifting of abortion restrictions in Switzerland, on June 2, 2002. Turnout of votes; Provisions of European laws on abortion; Comparison with other European countries.
- House barely defeats family-planning substitute. // Human Events;09/19/97, Vol. 53 Issue 35, p22
Reports on the US House of Representatives' rejection of a substitute amendment that would have eased funding restrictions for international groups performing or promoting abortions. Arguments for and against the family planning amendment sponsored by Representatives Benjamin Gilman and Nancy...
- Restrictive state laws threaten abortion services. // Nation's Health;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p8
Investigates the constitutionality of restrictive state laws on reproductive rights in the United States. Analysis of the abortion laws in Arkansas, Iowa and Nebraska; Failure of the 1999 partial birth abortion ban in Congress; Arguments on the issue.