I Heart New York
- Untitled. // New Yorker;10/2/1978, Vol. 54 Issue 33, p42
An excerpt from the article about the filth on New York streets and parkways that was published in "Letter in the News" is presented.
- Mass Exit to Brooklyn. Fox, Paula // New York;4/7/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p110
Features the social life in Brooklyn, New York City. Viability of the area as a haven for writers; Prevalence of immigrants living in the area; Assessment on the cost and standard of living.
- Cost of Living initiatives widely-received. // Malay Mail;5/23/2012, p7
The article focuses on the encouraging response from the public received by several initiatives introduced in the Cost of Living programme on Reducing Crime National Key Results Area (NKRA) including the services of 1Malaysia Clinics and the 1Malaysia People's Menu (MR1M).
- City life. Kalman, Bobbie // China: The People;2001, p18
This section provides information on the city life in China. People who live in China's cities enjoy a higher standard of living than those who live in villages. Cities provide people with a variety of goods and services. Most homes in the cities have central heating, electricity and gas...
- Writing from Iowa. Walsh, Cheryl // Confrontation;Fall2003/Winter2004, Issue 84/85, p309
This article presents information by the author about the time he spent in Iowa. There were plenty of cornfields along with soybean fields and more cows and hogs in Iowa than I ever cared to see, but where I lived in Winneshiek County it was neither fiat nor boring. When I think of Decorah,...
- The City: New York. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);5/30/2011 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 157 Issue 22, p9
The article analyzes the reasons behind people's desire to live in New York City. According to the author, there are cities around the world that are bigger, have more political power and more diverse than New York City, but people are still moving to the area. He argues that, despite inequity,...
- The European Low-Price Myth. Scheinfeld, Amram // Saturday Evening Post;5/9/1931, Vol. 203 Issue 45, p37
The article focuses on the cost of living in Paris, France. Paris features old store fronts, antiquated fixtures, obsolete methods of conducting business and corner cafÃ©s serving as the poor man's clubs. An average American who is in Paris lives in poorer quarters, eats poorer food and...
- The Praise and Happinesse of the Country-Life, &c. // Works of Henry Vaughn, Vol.1;1914, p124
The article presents the author's insights on various issues related to country life. The author affirms those whoever loves the Country and lives in it upon their owne Estate. He mentions that there are more healthfull exercises and better opportunities in the Country than can possibly be had...
- Capital punishment. Fearis, Beverley // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;12/9/2005, Issue 1799, p87
The article presents information about the concerns of people regarding living standards in London, England. Increasing number of people, now-a-days, prefer to stay out of London owing to the growing chaos in the city. The cost of living in the city is too high to be afforded by the common...