PLURALISM AND WRONG ANSWERS
- Pluralism and the Lost Art of Christian Apology. Seitz, Christopher R. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul1994, Issue 44, p15
Focuses on the ministry of Christians in the pluralistic society of the nineteen nineties. Description of religious pluralism in the New Testament; Information on pluralism in modernity; Aim of Christian ministry in a pluralistic society.
- SANTA CLAUS' NEW ROLE. // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;12/20/2013, p1
The article discusses issues related to religious harmony in Macedonia and how radical Islamists are posing problem to it.
- Orthodox Christianity in American Public Life: The Challenges and Opportunities of Religious Pluralism in the Twenty-First Century. HARAKAS, STANLEy // Greek Orthodox Theological Review;Spring-Winter2011, Vol. 56 Issue 1-4, p377
An essay on the relationship of the Orthodox Christian Church with contemporary public life in the U.S. It draws a theological, sociological, and ethical matrix for understanding the relationship of Orthodox Christian Church with the world existing outside its ecclesial boundaries, particularly...
- MOSLEMS TAKE FIRM STAND AGAINST RACISM. // Ebony;Apr1953, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p107
The article reveals that African American communities have been converting to Mohammedanism since itinerant Moslem missionaries came into the U.S. in 1940 because of the strong belief of Moslems in non-discriminatory principles.
- Models of Religious Coexistence: A Jewish Perspective. Rosen-Berry, Judith // European Judaism;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p95
The article discusses religious coexistence from a Jewish perspective. Tolerance is explored in relation to the structures of power. Reference is made to the thoughts of Jewish philosopher Emmanuel Levinas on the "other" and the "self." The story of Abraham is presented in connection with the...
- DIE INVLOED VAN RELIGIEUSE EN KULTURELE VERSKEIDENHEID OP MORALITEIT IN DIE HUIDIGE SUID-AFRIKAANSE KONTEKS: 'N UITDAGING VIR CHRISTELIKE KERKE. van Zyl, Christie // Verbum et Ecclesia;2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p1
This article takes into account the morality crisis in South Africa against the background of the rich diversity in the country. It deals with the question whether religious and cultural diversity in particular contributes to moral decay in the community. Different peoples do not only have...
- MEDIA AND THE CHALLENGES OF RELIGIOUS PLURALISM IN INDIA. ABRHAM, P. U. // Indian Streams Research Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 2 Issue 11, Special section p1
The Indian subcontinent has a long history of multi-religious, multi-cultural and multi-philosophical traditions. Hence, it could well be stated that India's destiny lies in its religio-cultural pluralism. The Founding Fathers of our nation have rightly adopted a Constitution with freedom of...
- Muslims in Contemporary Japan. Keiko Sakurai // Asia Policy;Jan2008, Issue 5, p69
An essay is presented on Muslims living in Japan. It provides a demographic analysis of Muslim living in Japan with special emphasis on Muslim communities and community-building activities. Topics discussed include the small number and diversity of Muslims in Japan in terms of ethnic, economic,...
- The food movement: Growing white privilege, diversity, or empowerment? Moore, Kelly; Swisher, Marilyn E. // Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems & Community Development;Summer2015, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p1
Food systems work is both a stimulus to the growth of the food movement and a response to the concerns of the activists who lead and participate in that movement. In the United States and many other nations, the development of a vocal, articulate, and passionate group of people who are critical...