WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Notes on Church-State Affairs: Latvia. Hendon, David W.; Allman, Dwight D. // Journal of Church & State;Autumn99, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p858
Reports that the Latvian Orthodox Church asked the Latvian chief prosecutor to ban the activities of the unregistered Latvian Free Orthodox. Information on church head Bishop Viktor Kontuzorov; Why the government has refused to have the said church registered.
- Bringing Reconciliation to the Balkans. // America;1/5/2009, Vol. 200 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the Catholic spiritual and cultural revival as well as reconciliation between religious groups in Ohrid, Macedonia. It discusses the smooth relations between the town's Catholic and Orthodox churches which have been described as the most cordial and cooperative since the...
- Greek Orthodox, Catholics Urge Pursuit of Unity. // America;7/30/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that leaders of San Francisco's Catholic and Greek Orthodox communities have urged adherents of their tradtions to continue pursuing mutual understanding and unity during an ecumenical litany for peace in California. Greek Orthodox Metropolitan Gerasimos and Catholic...
- Why I Love Being a Modern Orthodox Rabbi in Baltimore. Shapiro, Rabbi Yerachmiel // Baltimore Jewish Times;4/4/2014, Vol. 337 Issue 5, p10
The author discusses aspects of rabbinical structure in Modern Orthodox rabbi in the Jewish community in Baltimore, Maryland. He describes Baltimore as the best place to learn and grow a Jewish member of the friendly and welcoming community. The author believes that Baltimore, aside from Israel...
- Protestants and Reds in Moscow. Almedingen, Princess E.M. // America;5/31/1924, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p151
The author comments on Protestant relations with the Catholic and the Orthodox Churches in Russia. She points out that one of the blessings brought along with the terrors of the Revolution was a universal yearning for penitence, for reconciliation with an offended God. She claims that the...
- Comments. // New York;1/14/2013, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Where to Eat," "Blues Cruise," and "The Black Orthodox," all in the December 31, 2012-January 7, 2013 issue.
- Tick lock: The White House Correspondent's Association dinner. Kitto, Kris; Goodia, Emily // Hill;5/12/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 53, p24
The article highlights the activities during the White House Correspondent's Association dinner, which was attended by various Hollywood celebrities such as Tom Cruise, Amy Poehler and Aston Kutcher in the U.S.
- Spirit of Giving. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/8/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 48, p29A
Reports on the 'Spirit of Giving' dinner of Long Island Blood Services on November 14, 2002. Highlights of the event.
- Groundbreakers' Celebration. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/8/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 48, p29A
Reports on the annual Groundbreakers' Celebration dinner dance of New Ground, an agency committed to educating and empowering homeless individuals.