WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Crucial news service dies. Triggs, Wil // Christianity Today;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p28
Reports the decision of the Keston Institute, a pioneering voice for religious freedom in Eastern Europe, to stop the operation of its news service in January 2003. Reason behind the decision, according to the organization's former director Larry Uzzell; Comments from Keston founder Michael...
- Supreme Court rules on religious liberty. // National Catholic Reporter;11/11/94, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the Supreme Court decision concerning freedom of religion in case of the Wide Awake student organization against the University of Virginia.
- Smack Down. Carries, Tony // Christianity Today;10/23/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the detention of Bible-school teachers, students and church-planters of the Chinese Evangelistic Fellowship in August 2000. Reasons for the detention; Implication of the arrest for religious freedom in China.
- A NEW DAY IN VIETNAM. Galli, Mark // Christianity Today;May2007, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p26
The article discusses the author's experience in going on a bus tour in Vietnam to better understand religious freedom challenges and progress. The organizers of the trip were the Institute for Global Engagement (IGE) and the Vietnam-USA Society (VUS). It notes that Protestant churches in...
- Guilty by Definition. Falikov, Boris // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;Jan2009, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p60
The article focuses on sects in Russia. It is stated that the domestic warriors against sects have begun their latest campaign for the uprooting of the entrenched enemies of the spiritual health of the country. They are accused of every deadly sin and destroy the traditional moral values that...
- Honoring Americans United. Wohl, Alexander // Human Rights;Jan2013, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p26
The article presents the author's views on the American United organization. It is stated that the organization has been on the front lines of the religious freedom wars, and playing a critical role e in many of the leading religious freedom cases both in state and federal courts across the...
- Alliance Defense Fund. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;10/14/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 38, p16
Provides information on the Alliance Defense Fund. Commitment of the alliance to religious freedom; Opposition to the influence of leftists on the U.S. legislature; Statement issued by President and Legal Counsel Alan Sears; Background of the operation of the alliance; Objectives of the alliance.
- RELIGIOUS LIBERTY IN NATION-STATES: PRACTICE, PRINCIPLES AND IDEAS. Gregg, Samuel // Policy;Summer2011/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p28
An essay is presented on the issue of religious liberty facing the nation-state. It focuses on the confrontations that concern the religious freedom of individuals and organisations facing the state in the world. It identifies It identifies ways that the nation-state has unduly inhibited...
- Report from the Resolutions Committee. Galles, Joan // Catholic Woman;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses the proposed resolutions received by the Resolutions Committee from the members of the National Council of Catholic Women (NCCW) in the U.S. in 2012 including one on religious liberty, support for Pope Francis and nature of NCCW membership.