In the Case of Martha Nussbaum
- Local Briefs. // Bay Windows;4/24/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p1
Offers news briefs pertaining to GLBT issues. The date a public hearing on a proposed constitutional amendment banning legal recognition of same-sex relationships will be held at the Massachusetts Statehouse; Approval of new Medicaid guidelines by a Vermont legislative committee despite...
- Foreword: The Marriage Cases-Reversing the Burden of Inertia in a Pluralist Constitutional Democracy. Eskridge, William N. // California Law Review;Dec2009, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p1785
The article discusses the court's opinion and the doctrinal issues that surround the same-sex marriage in California. Accordingly, the state's political process that has avenues for responding constitutional decisions like the event when voters override the decision of the Supreme Court (SC) In...
- An equal partnership. Washington, Julian // Lawyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p28
The article discusses the introduction of the Civil Partnership Act (CPA) in Great Britain and its effect on same-sex relationships. This radical piece of social policy legislation creates an entirely new legal status for same-sex relationships. In Great Britain, civil partnership has been...
- Editorial. Mukhopadhyay, Tirtha Prasad; Mukherjee, Tarun Tapas // Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
The authors reflect on the issues concerning the LGBT community in India. Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) is explained which criminalizes same-sex relationship in the country. The need for the Indian Parliament to conducted comprehensive research and discussions about initiatives that...
- PUBLICATIONS NOTED. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Sep2014, p406
No abstract available.
- Shot in the arm for gays. SENGUPTA, ANANYA // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);2/3/2016, p6
The article reports on the decriminalisation of the homosexual sex in India by the country's Supreme Court, citing the celebration of the LGBT community particularly the NGO Naz Foundation members who signifies for the legalisation of gay sex.
- Bangladesh refuses to decriminalize homosexuality. // Philadelphia Gay News;9/27/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p15
The article reports on the refusal of Bangladesh to decriminalize gay relationships despite accepting the recommendations by the United Nations (UN) following a session of the Human Right Council's Universal Periodic Review.
- U.S. BRIEFS. // National Catholic Reporter;1/11/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p3
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. Leader of Reform Jews in San Diego, California is initiating a campaign for greater observance of a 24-hour Sabbath, including increased attendance during Saturday morning worship. However, a federal judge blocked a domestic partnership law for gays and...
- International Notes. A. S. L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Dec2006, p236
The article presents newsbriefs related to GLBT law and legislation. The Supreme Court of Argentina ruled for the legal recognition of the Association for the Struggle of the Travesti and Transsexual Identity. The Melbourne City Council voted to establish a relationship register for the same-sex...