THE UGLY FACE OF "JUSTICE"
- Klarsfeld steps up attack on L'Oreal's Bettencourt. Belcove, Julie L. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/22/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 35, p18
Reports that Nazi hunter Serge Klarsfeld wants Andre Bettencourt to resign as president of L'Oreal's holding company because of his role in the Nazi propaganda machine during World War II. Klarsfeld's request to the US Justice Department to ban Bettencourt; Description of Bettencourt's Nazi ties.
- ANDR BETTENCOURT, FORMER L'ORAL EXEC, 89. Weil, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/20/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 109, p14
The article presents an obituary for AndrÃ© Bettencourt, a former politician, L'OrÃ©al executive and husband of French beauty giant's heiress Liliane Bettencourt.
- Another blow to L'Oreal. // DCI;Apr95, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the intrigues plaguing top executives of French cosmetic company L'Oreal. Revelations by executives of participation in anti-Semitic campaigns during the World War II; Resignation of Andre Bettencourt as deputy chairman of the cosmetic company due to the intrigue.
- L'Oreal `shocked' at reports of ex-execs WWII writings. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/14/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 30, p23
Reports on the reaction of L'Oreal SA officials at French press reports of anti-Semitic activities by Gesparal's former president Andre Bettencourt. `Le Monde' daily's reprint of anti-Semitic passages allegedly written by Bettencourt starting in 1940 for the collaborationist `La Terre Francaise.'
- Saint-Exupery Soared With Novel 'Little Prince'. SCOTT S. SMITH // Investors Business Daily;6/26/2015, pA03
The article profiles Antoine de Saint-Exupery, a French air force captain who penned books about his aviation experience. Topics discussed include the family background of de Saint-Exupery, the success of his classic novel "The Little Prince" and other books, and his experience with the Nazi and...
- INTRODUCTION. FELL, ALISON S.; WELCH, EDWARD // Nottingham French Studies;Summer2009, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p1
The article introduces various reports contained within the issue, which is devoted to French author Annie Ernaux and to placing her writing in relation to other French authors. Articles include one by Diana Holmes which explores parallels between the work of Ernaux and that of Colette, one by...
- France's SACEM/SDRM reports slow `96. Bouton, Remi // Billboard;07/12/97, Vol. 109 Issue 28, p41
Reports on the French author's rights society SACEM/SDRM and their posting of their finances for 1996. Reasons for the limited rise in revenue; Proceeds; Operating costs; Comments from Jean-Loup Tournier, president of SACEM/SDRM; Sectors posting most significant growth.
- EDITORIAL. Braude, Stephen E. // Journal of Scientific Exploration;Spring2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the move to a new online publishing system, one on a French author who considers submitting a paper and one on the subscribers that hold diverse opinions.
- Des eglises a plates-formaes in Fromentin's `Dominique'. Kennedy, Angus J. // French Studies;Jan1994, Vol. 48 Issue 1, French Studies Bulletin p18
Discusses Fromentin's novel `Dominique' and the reference to `des eglises a plates-formes' in the description of the novel's setting. Consultations to specialist colleagues by author about the term; Visualization of `eglise a plates-formes'; Notes silent on platforms.