. . . AND AGAIN
- To air is human. // American Spectator;Apr96, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p15
Reports on Barbra Streisand's plans to seek the assistance of the Democratic National Committee in creating the `Center for New Media,' an establishment for promoting liberalism in the United States. Funds reserved for the establishment.
- IN THE AIR Star Ambitions. S. D. // Art + Auction;Oct2009, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p41
The article highlights the Julien's Auctions of recording artist Barbra Streisand at the Beverly Hilton on October 17-18, 2009 in Beverly Hills, California. It notes that the auctions is made by Streisand to sell her artworks and memorabilia to benefit Streisand Foundation. In this regard, it...
- AFTER 25 YEARS, STREISAND, GIBB INDULGE. // Mix;Dec2005, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p132
The article reports on the convergence Barbara Streisand and Barry Gibb for "Guilty Pleasures", the long awaited part deux in Streisand multi-platinum "Guilty". Gibb will be featuring as Streisand's producer, writer, backing vocalist and duet partner. John Merchant, engineer and co-producer,...
- The Great Life. Christy, George // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/27/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 8, p110
Reports that the American Film Institute (AFI) has honored actress, director and singer Barbara Streisand with a Lifetime Achievement Award during the group's 29th annual dinner at the Beverly Hilton in California. Previous recipients of the award; Celebrities and performers who attended the event.
- Acceptance Address: Harvard's Virtue. Mansfield, Harvey C. // Academic Questions;Fall2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p15
Presents the text of a speech given by Professor Harvey C. Mansfield on June 1, 2002 at the National Association of Scholars' Tenth National Conference in Washington, D.C. which deals with Harvard University's virtue as a university. Discussion on the intellectual virtue of Harvard; Diversity...
- Eclectic group set for Kennedy Honors. Harris, Paul // Daily Variety;9/10/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 47, p6
The article announces the recipients for the 2008 Kennedy Center Honors Awards including actress and musician Barbra Streisand, actor Morgan Freeman and choreographer Twyla Tharp.
- filth. Masters, Billy // Bay Windows;5/6/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 21, Special section p16
Presents news on the entertainment industry as of May 2004. Auction organized by artist Barbra Streisand for the benefit of her foundation; Price of the house being sold by Mary Tyler Moore; Career of singer Robin Williams in the music industry.
- Parks' Life Defined "Renaissance Man". Rose, Matthew // Art & Antiques;Apr2006, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p20
The article presents information on Gordon Parks, who was an iconoclastic photographer, filmmaker, poet and composer. Parks took enormous pride in being part of the black community, even as he moved beyond any color barrier to his career as a renaissance man. Parks featured a black cleaning lady...
- NEA fetes artists with nat'l medal. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;12/15/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the announcement made by United States President Bill Clinton that actress Barbra Streisand, scripter-playwrighter Horton Foote and theater producer-director Harold Prince are among the recipients of the National Medal of Arts for 2000. Other artists who will be presented the medal...