THE CREATIVE TEAM PLAYS IT AGAIN
- Streisand victorious. // Advocate;9/5/95, Issue 689, p69
Reports on the six 1995 primetime Emmy award nominations garnered by NBC's telefilm `Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story,' which was produced by singer Barbra Streisand. Prejudice against gays in the United States military as focus of the movie.
- PraÅ¾skÃ© dÃ©jÃ vu Barbry StreisandovÃ©. Klementová, Romana // Opus Musicum;2012, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p6
This study is primarily focused on film music issues. On the concrete example of the musical film Yentl, it tries to introduce particular stages of film music creation, from the first idea to final post-production works. It also describes the method of cooperation among the authors of music...
- Streisand turns over a new leaf. Landman, Beth; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;4/8/96, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p9
Reflects on how movie director Barbra Streisand is wrestling with New York weather during the filming of `The Mirror Has Two Faces.' Shooting already a month behind schedule; Taping leaves on naked trees in an attempt to reproduce autumn.
- IN DEVELOPMENT. // New York;1/17/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p80
The article offers news about celebrities, including the filming of "Cosmopolis" which will star Robert Pattinson, the negotiation of Barbra Streisand to star in a film version of "Gypsy," and James Franco who is talks to direct two films, including the adaptation of "As I Lay Dying."
- BABS HIGH ON 'DWARF' Archerd, Army // Daily Variety;4/15/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that actress Barbra Streisand and Barwood Films have joined the Gary Smith Co. and script writer Sonny Murray in acquiring the rights to the novel "Mendel's Dwarf" and have set Peter Dinklage to topline. The novel, by Simon Mawer, centers on the life and work of Dr. Ben...
- BARBRA STREISAND. Bogdanovich, Peter // Daily Variety;12/5/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 43, pA15
The article features a commentary on Barbra Streisand. It states that Streisand is commonly misunderstood because people thought that she is difficult to approach; however, it was proved to be of the contrary. It also mentions that Streisand has the balance passion of both film making as well as...
- MINORITY IDENTITIES: Hardly Chazans: Yentl and the Singing Jew. Aaron, Michele // Musicals: Hollywood & Beyond;2005, p125
The article focuses on the representation of Jew identity and homosexuality in Barbra Streisand's musical film Yentl. The plot and characters of the musical film are mentioned. The homo-erotic and narcissistic scenes in the film are discussed. Several criticisms received by the film are also...
- Foreigh auteurs offer edgier depictions. Koehler, Robert // Daily Variety;7/12/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 28, pA10
Focuses on the global increase in the production of gay and lesbian films. Concerns on the marketability of the films; Appeal of gay and lesbian films on global audiences as compared to comedies; Target audience of the film, 'Lost and Delirious.'
- three PRODUCTION. Johnson, Rian // MovieMaker;2011 Guide to Making Movies, Vol. 17 Issue 89, p58
The article discusses the importance of making a comprehensive plan to produce a successful film. The author believes that moviemakers should plan their shots and understand every beat of their script to tell a cast and talented folks what to do. He admits that he heard a story that before...