NOBODY SAID IT WOULD BE EASY
- Brazil. Barro, Antonio Carlos // Christianity Today;11/16/98, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p70
Provides information on evangelical Christians in Brazil. Percentage of evangelicals in Brazil's population; Impact of the growth of Protestant church in the country; Details on the development of the Universal Church of God's Kingdom.
- Ready to Stand on Their Own? Nickles, Beverly // Christianity Today;11/13/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p36
Focuses on Protestant churches in Russia as of November 2000. Moral and ethical problems being faced by church leaders; Details on the country's local missionaries; Information on the social outreach of the Association of Christian Churches of Russia.
- Conservative Christians in Psychology: A History of the Christian Association For Psychological Studies (CAPS), 1954-1978. Serrano, Neftali // Journal of Psychology & Christianity;Winter2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p293
Beginning in the mid-1950s, a group of conservative Christians of the Dutch Reformed persuasion began an effort to integrate their religious beliefs and the findings of psychology. Their organization, the Christian Association for Psychological Studies (GAPS), is the object of this study. The...
- THE EMERGING DIVIDE IN EVANGELICAL THEOLOGY. MCDERMOTT, GERALD R. // Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society;Jun2013, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p355
The article explores the divisions in evangelical theology. Particular focus is given to successes and the ways in which theologians have understood their own distinctives, as well as the doctrines that evangelical theology is reexamining. According to the author, evangelical theology has not...
- Attention singles--go to church. Haamer, Tiiu // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/26/94, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p28
Announces that people who join Edmonton evangelical churches established a singles ministry called `Dynamic Singles in Action' (DSIA) where single adults are put to work helping others. What DSIA is a joint project of; How churches are oriented.
- The Corner of My Cloak. Marx, Tzvi // Tikkun;May/Jun2004, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on the Jewish and Christian faith. Views on Christians; Discussion on several Christian beliefs; Formation of the Shalom Hartman Institute for Advanced Judaic Studies in Jerusalem.
- Shifts in the North American Protestant Full-time Missionary Community. Coote, Robert T. // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Jan2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p12
Presents statistics on the shifts in the North American Protestant full-time missionary community from 1918 to 2002. Increase in missionary personnel in agencies affiliated with the Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association since 1996; Reasons behind the increase in personnel in agencies...
- Evangelicals advise on Muslim dialogue. Stricherz, Mark // Christianity Today;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the set of guidelines on dialogue between Christians and Muslims issued by the U.S. National Association of Evangelicals. Reason behind the move of the association; Overview of some of the controversial remarks by Christian leaders about Islam; Information on the guidelines.
- The Next Great Awakening? Revivals, Great Awakenings and The Future of The Church. MORIARTY, Michael // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2000, p1
Presents the thesis entitled "The Next Great Awakening? Revivals, Great Awakenings and The Future of The Church," by Michael Moriarty. Christian's responsibility in revival; America's three great awakenings; American fundamentalism and evangelicalism.