- Standardizing woes frustrate advertisers. Rickard, Leah // Advertising Age;9/27/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 40, p29
Focuses on Yellow Pages publishers' blueprint for standard ad requirements in the United States. Resistance from publishers as a deterrent to the industry's progress; Standardization as a key component of the industry's plan to boost advertising and in improving the marketability of the medium;...
- 10 tips to produce a sparkling Yellow Pages ad. // PHC Profit Report;8/15/95, Vol. 3 Issue 16, p5
Presents tips on producing an advertisement in the Yellow Pages, as cited in `90-Minute Guide to Yellow Pages Advertising,' from Frost Yellow Pages Inc.
- In need of a little direction. // America's Network;7/01/96, Vol. 100 Issue 13, p20
Reports on developments concerning telephone yellow pages in the United States, as of July 1996. US West Direct's decision to allow advertisers in its yellow pages to use previously precluded superlatives; Reduction of the size of directories of Southwestern Bell Yellow Pages; Ameritech's...
- Doc, can you get this pizza out of my bouffant? Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Southeast Edition;10/27/97, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p19
Highlights findings of a study on categories with the steepest growth in Yellow Pages listings in the United States. Includes diving equipment; Cellular phone equipment; Collectibles; Consignment services; Most frequently referred pages include physicians and surgeons, and restaurants.
- Yellow Pages May Be Banned in San Francisco. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;2/1/2011, p12
A blog discussing possibility for a ban on yellow pages in San Francisco, California, is presented.
- Old Yeller: Revisiting a faithful friend. Maio, Maurice // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Oct95, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p20
Discusses the factors that can limit or increase the effectiveness of a well-designed Yellow Pages advertisement. Importance of the Yellow Pages as a marketing tool for service company owners; Positioning the ad; Bold listing; Investment in a display ad; Pricing.
- Opting for a fight. Kadleck, Chrissy // Waste & Recycling News;5/30/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p0001
The article reports on the legal dispute over the efforts of two U.S. West Coast municipalities to provide residents with an option regarding the delivery of Yellow Pages phone books.
- Give people the option. // Waste & Recycling News;5/30/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p0008
The article offers the author's comments on the issue of providing citizens of the U.S. the options to opt out of the delivery of Yellow Pages telephone directory.
- Golden opportunity. Fisher, Jerry // Entrepreneur;Jan1994, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p296
Discusses the untapped opportunities that lie in the Yellow Pages section of the telephone directory. Case study involving advertising layout for Clearwater, Florida-based bail bond firm Action+ Bail Bonds; Suggestions for Yellow Pages layouts in other small businesses.