Preaching As Though We Had Enemies
- Signs of the Times. // America;9/9/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 6, p4
Discusses the statement issued by Catholic and Jewish participants in a national dialogue regarding the controversy over campaigns that aim to convert Jews to Christianity. Continuing validity of covenant of God with Jewish people; Mission of evangelization; Concern of priests over gay subcultures.
- Embracing Discord: Preparing Ministers for Healthy Conflict. Garrido, Ann // Human Development;Winter2012, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p10
In this article, the author discusses the Christian community who are drawn by the preaching of the apostles. He discusses the importance of theology in Christian community. He further discusses four components of a holistic model for conflict education including articulating a healthy, positive...
- TENSIONS BETWEEN EVANGELICAL PROTESTANTS IN THE FORMER SOVIET UNION AND AMERICA SINCE 1989 - A REFLECTIVE COMMENTARY. Sawatsky, Walter // Religion in Eastern Europe;Nov2007, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p24
A conference paper about the relationship between Evangelical Christianity in America and the Soviet Union is presented. It discusses the main trajectories of global Christianity since 1988, the variety of Slavic Evangelical attempts at inter-church alliances, and the role of Americans as...
- The Creative Role of Controversy within the Church. Willoughby, Robert E. // Humanist;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p46
Discusses the value of controversy in Christian churches. Criticism of churches in the United States; History of controversy in churches.
- The Invasion of God. Colson, Charles; Morse, Anne // Christianity Today;Dec2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p72
In this article, the authors address some issues concerning the so-called Christmas. The authors begin with Christmas controversies that have become seasonal. They then discuss Jesus' announcement of the liberation of the Jewish people. They comment that the coming of God's kingdom is as...
- The Ugly Side of Tolerance. Colson, Charles // Christianity Today;03/06/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p136
Focuses on how Christians manage to ignite controversies with the world's religions. Booklet published by Southern Baptist for the conversion of Jews; Information on the papal visit to India; Effect of redefinition of tolerance on Christian witness.
- Ukraine: Christians in Conflict. Gregory, Joseph R. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar1997, Issue 71, p24
Provides information on the conflict among Christians in Ukraine heightened by the violence in the battle between rival Patriarchs vying for the leadership of the Ukrainian Orthodox Christians. Death of Kiev Patriarch Volodymyr; Criticisms made by Patriarch Jarema of the Autocephalous Church...
- Declaration of Independence. // Time;
The article reports on The Netherlands' Dutch Pastoral Council's rejection of Pope John Paul's encyclical Humanae Vitae. It states that the 109-member Dutch Pastoral Council issued a statement rejecting the Humanae Vitae because they did not find it convincing. It mentions that the council also...
- CONTENDING FOR THE FAITH OR SPOILING FOR A FIGHT? HEDGES, GRAHAM // Christian Librarian (0309-4170);Winter2011, Issue 55, p37
The article presents the author's views on the role of Christian professional groups. He had investigated whether this groups are regarded as campaigning groups with definite policies with definite policies on controversial issues in their professions or be content to provide an arena in which...