SEX, RELIGION, VIRTUE, AND REWARD
- REFLEXIONES SOBRE EL MÃ‰TODO MORAL EN PERSONA HUMANA. Irrabzabal, Gustavo // TeologÃa;dic2009, Vol. 46 Issue 100, p421
Following Gaudium et spes (51.3), the declaration Persona humana reaffirms that the moral goodness of sexual acts "must be determined by objective standardsâ€¦ based on the nature of the human person and his acts". This is not an expression of naturalistic objectivism, but rather comes from...
- Was it good for us? Whitman, David; Glastris, Paul // U.S. News & World Report;05/19/97, Vol. 122 Issue 19, p56
Discusses the status of permarital sex in the United States as of 1997. The occurrence of social ills tied to sexual behavior being linked to adults who have sex before they marry; The reluctant of politicians to discuss the problem; The lack of condemnation from most clergy; The rapid...
- Multiple Partners, Multiple Choices: A Feminist Exploration of Monogamy vs. Non-monogamy. Otto, Katy // Off Our Backs;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7
Presents a feminist exploration of monogamy versus non-monogamy. Author's experience in a non-monogamous relationship; Risks of STD and AISD infection for persons with multiple partners; Comfortability in sexual relationships; Sexual and emotional liberation.
- Modern Morals in a Muddle. MCCORMICK, RICHARD A. // America;7/30/1966, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p116
The author offers his views on the moral issues pertaining to premarital relations. He opines that the sensitivity of the people to the true moral issues is lacking in depth. He explains the moral teachings in the Bible concerning sexual intimacy. The author also tackles the cardinal rule of...
- Good sports. Branch, Andrew // World (0888157X);12/26/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p56
The article reports that football player Tim Tebow faced media mockery for following biblical sexual ethics as he asked his girlfriend Olivia Culpo, not enter into sexual relationships before marriage.
- Majority say premarital sex is acceptable. // National Catholic Reporter;6/15/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p7
Reports on the percentage of Americans who claim that premarital sex is morally acceptable. Variations in the perception of Americans about premarital sex from the 1960s to the 1980s. Study conducted by the Princeton, New Jersey-based Gallup Organization on the moral acceptability of...
- Is Homosexuality a 'Vice'? Talbot, Serge // ONE;Oct55, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p4
This article examines whether homosexuality is a vice. The simple question has yet to be answered simply. The severity of those who censure is a function of their ignorance. The relationship between homosexuality and child molestation. The mode of human love and dementia of sexual genesis.
- A Modus Vivendi? Portier, William L.; Dallavalle, Nancy; Roberts, Christopher C.; Beattie, Tina; Reno, R. R.; Hampl, Patricia; Johnson, Luke Timothy; Tentler, Leslie Woodcock; Baumann, Paul // Commonweal;1/13/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p12
The article presents divergent views on an analysis by historian Eamon Duffy of the Catholic Church's response to shifting attitude towards sex and marriage in the West. Duffy noted that the church is increasingly confronted with the need to evolve a modus vivendi with social trends. Many...
- EXAMINING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DEGREE OF RELIGIOUSNESS AND ATTITUDES TOWARD ELDERLY SEXUAL ACTIVITY IN UNDERGRADUATE COLLEGE STUDENTS. BONDS-RAACKE, JENNIFER M.; RAACKE, JOHN // College Student Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p134
Research has been conducted on individual's knowledge and attitudes toward older adult sexuality. This includes investigating attitudes and knowledge of nursing home staff, college students, and the elderly themselves. The current experiment sought to replicate previous research findings by...