The Hipster and the Organization Man
- A question of conscience. Sahgal, Priya // India Today;
The article discusses the condition of the social development projects of the Indian government led by the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) as of December 2009. It is stated that all the plans of the UPA have gotten into trouble such as the National Rural Employment Generation Act (NREGA). It...
- PROPRIÃ‰TÃ‰, CITOYENNETÃ‰S ET HÃ‰RITAGE DE Lâ€™ESCLAVAGE AU NORD BÃ‰NIN. HAHONOU, ÉRIC // Politique Africaine;dec2013, Issue 132, p73
This article analyzes the relationship between citizenship and ownership of the self in a West African "post-slavery" society. The author examines recent dynamics of citizenship and emancipation within a group of slave descendants who have been stigmatized and marginalized for a long period of...
- Changes in the Coincidence of the Boundaries and Populations of Central Cities. Smith, Joel; Bromley, David; Manton, Kenneth // Social Forces;Mar79, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p931
ABSTRACT Several factors are investigated that affect the use of annexation by central cities of Urbanized Areas to retain decentralized populations. A multivariate model of the responses of central cities to over- and underboundedness is presented and evaluated. Two distinct patterns were...
- REGIONAL POLITICS, DECENTRALIZATION AND SUBSIDIARITY. Gorun, Adrian // International Conference on Economics & Administration Proceedin;Nov2009, p344
I study in this paper new approach in the politics for economic and social development, approach that was generated by the transfer of the prerogative from the centre of the administrative systems.
- Feminist research methodologies as collective self-education and political praxis. Joyappa, Vinitha; Self, Lois S. // Convergence;1996, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on feminist research and its relationship to education and social change. Feminist critiques of traditional research paradigms; Feminist research methodologies; Application of feminist values; Challenges posed by feminist research methodologies to the structural relations of researchers...
- Working paper defining our position: Women's initiative `Lila Offensive.' // Feminist Studies;Fall90, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p627
Presents the Lila Manifesto, which was created in East Germany during a time of radical social change when women were moving into action.
- Ageing embodiment and the search for social change. TULLE, EMMANUELLE; KREKULA, CLARY // International Journal of Ageing & Later Life;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p7
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the authors discuss topics such as an article about the feminist theory and the feminist corpomaterialist concept of affirmative difference, the alternative conceptualisation of ageing embodiment, and the eclectic theoretical approaches.
- The antifeminist seduction. Zahra, Tara // American Prospect;Jul/Aug99, Issue 45, p84
Discusses the state of feminism in the United States in the 1990s. Problems caused by feminism for the American woman of 1999; Arguments on women's inability to enact real social change; Modesty as a new choice of the 1990s woman.
- Call on men. Kay, Jenny // New Internationalist;Oct2014, Issue 476, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Is There a Feminist Spring?" that was published in a previous issue.