WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Money management guide. // Your Church;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p49
Announces the availability of the book `A Christian's Guide to Worry-free Money Management,' by Danie D. Busby, Kent E. Barber and Robert L. Temple. Biblical principles of stewardship of personal finances.
- Sexual Ethics and Communal Judgments: On the Pluralism of Virtues,Values, and Practices. Lustig, Andrew B. // Christian Bioethics: Non-ecumenical Studies in Medical Morality;Apr98, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p3
Different judgments by Christian communities onissues in sexual ethics involve different weightings of various sources ofmoral authority, different understandings of the normativity of the natural,and different assessments of the scope of freedom to be exercised in relationto the goods of...
- Sexual Morality: An Appeal for Dialogue. FORDE, VINCENT J. // America;5/13/1978, Vol. 138 Issue 18, p381
The author comments on issues related to religious freedom and sexual morality. According to the author, the ordinary Catholic is not only confused about his own religious freedom, but finds himself caught in the middle of a conflict between a magisterium he wants to obey and moral theologians...
- Orthodoxy & Dissent. Ryan, Jerry // Commonweal;2/8/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses Catholic Church's teachings about sexual morality. The presence of clericalist view about the church's teachings about sexual morality is noted. The need for Catholic sexual morality to adapt to changes in contemporary culture is mentioned. The emergence of dissent in...
- RELIGION: More Vatican Reaction. // Advocate;3/10/76, Issue 185, p17
Comments on key issues concerning the Vatican's declaration on sexual ethics by Catholic priests. Issues of sexual morality; Position of the Catholic Church toward homosexuality; Public oppression and discrimination against homosexuals; Christian ethics.
- A Second Chance at Virginity? Stafford, Tim // Campus Life;Jan2001, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on spiritual rebirth from the Christian perspective. Guilt in some sexual relationships; Need for God's forgiveness; Process of transformation.
- Sex in the forbidden zone. Rutter, P. // Psychology Today;Oct89, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p34
Presents a psychiatrist's revealing analysis of how the sexual fantasies of male professionals such as doctors, therapists, or pastors', can have a shattering effect on the women who trust them. INSET: Maintaining the boundaries..
- Sexuality & Christianity. // U.S. Catholic;Feb85, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p26
An interview with Dr. James B. Nelson, professor of Christian ethics and author of `Between Two Gardens: Reflections on Sexuality and Religious Experience.' Nelson insists Christianity does have many healthy things to say about men, women and sex.
- Clergy and sexuality. // Christian Century;3/7/90, Vol. 107 Issue 8, p240
Reports on a study revealing the frequency of sexual contact between clergy and parishioners. Intimacy; Friendship between clergy and parishioners; `Fishbowl' life.