THE BEST OF POSSIBLE RELIGIONS IN THE BEST OF POSSIBLE WORLDS
- WELCOMING REMARKS BY SECRETARY OF STATE GEORGE SCHULTZ. Schultz, George // World Affairs;Spring85, Vol. 147 Issue 4, p236
Presents the welcoming remarks by the U.S. Secretary of State during the International Conference on Religious Liberty. Evolution of religion in the country; Role of the Catholic church; Importance of religious liberty on establishing a free society; Relationship between religious liberty and...
- The relationship of religious liberty to civil liberty and a democratic state. Wood Jr, James E. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1998, Vol. 1998 Issue 2, p479
Discusses the concept of religious liberty in comparison to civil liberty. Definition of religious liberty; Information on the Preamble of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948); Adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the United Nations General Assembly.
- A Young Man Tells about Hungary. MATE, JOSEPH // America;12/8/1956, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p287
The article reflects on the state of religious freedom in Hungary. The churches were never closed by the communists, but the whole visible organization of the Church except the altar and sacristy has been destroyed, it says. It notes that the Catholic schools have been abolished and the Catholic...
- The Freedom of Religion and Conscience in Finland. SEPPO, JUHA // Journal of Church & State;Autumn98, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p847
Analyzes the development of freedom of religion and conscience in Finland. Historical background; Basic provisions concerning the freedom of conscience and religion; Overall situation of religious issues.
- Puritan and Quaker. // America;7/3/1920, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p255
The article focuses on the Puritan and the standard of civil and religious liberty in the U.S. Puritans are all lovers of liberty because they were first to raise the standard of civil and religious liberty. In fact, they fled the Old World to preach the gospel of religious freedom in the New World.
- Like as a Fire. Trubee, Eldon // Farm & Dairy;11/27/2014, Vol. 101 Issue 10, pA31
The article offers the author's insights on the scripture from the Bible about being merciful, and protecting the rights to freedom for other religions of good will.
- Freedom of Religion and Minority Religions in Hungary. Schanda, Balázs // Social Justice Research;Dec1999, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p297
Religiosity in Hungary is not especially high; however, the vast majority of the population has a denominational identity. There has been a religious revival since the early 1980's, both in the mainstream churches and due to some religious groups newly active in the country. Religious claims are...
- Hints for the New Toleration. CHESTERTON, G. K. // America;7/27/1929, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p373
The author comments on religious toleration. The author believes that the idea of universal religious liberty did exist. The author asserts that the social authority reserves the right to defend its moral order against destructive differentiation. The author believes that the spiritual liberty...
- Attempt to export religious freedom office fails. // Christianity Today;Jun2016, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p18
The article offers information related to religion such as the failure to maintain the international religious freedom in Canada and failure of lawmakers to include the Bible as the official book in Tennessee.