ECONOMICS IN VERSE AND PROSE
- On the Proper Essence of Christian Economic Ethics. Kreuzhof, Rainer; Ockenfels, Wolfgang // Management Revue;2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p82
In recent times, the question about the proper essence of a Christian economic ethics has rarely been asked explicitly. However, the concept of a post-secular society, as presented by JÃ¼rgen Habermas, offers renewed access. The necessary foundation for this approach involves the relationship...
- ECONOMIC COMPULSION AND CHRISTIAN ETHICS. González, RaúL // Theological Studies;Sep2006, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p692
The article reviews the book "Economic Compulsion and Christian Ethics," by Albino Barrera.
- Economic Compulsion and Christian Ethics: New Studies in Christian Ethics. Russell, Mark L. // Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies;2007, Vol. 19 Issue 1/2, p181
The article reviews the book "Economic Compulsion and Christian Ethics: New Studies in Christian Ethics," by Albino Barrera.
- JUSTICE, ETHICS AND ECONOMICS. Grenholm, Carl-Henric // Studies in Christian Ethics;2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p47
Within Christian social ethics different conceptions of market economy are related to different theories of justice. In this article the understanding of justice in the economic ethics of Ronald Preston will be analysed. Here will also be discussed some conceptions of justice which are developed...
- MARY KAY ASH, THE GREATEST FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR IN AMERICAN HISTORY AND BUSINESS ETHICS. Ionescu, Gh. Gh.; Negruşa, Adina // Management & Marketing;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p35
Lately, feminine entrepreneurship has become a more and more interesting topic for academic, business and at the same time, the political world. This topic has been interesting, on the one hand due to a general interest in entrepreneurship - where woman play an important post - and, on the other...
- It's time to conduct civil wars. Costello, Gerald M. // U.S. Catholic;Apr93, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p48
Advocates the use of civility by Christians as a norm of conduct in relating with dissenters. Richard J. Mouw's book, `Uncommon Decency: Christian Civility in an Uncivil World'; Christian obligation of Christ-like civility in society; Modern-day shortage of moderation and manners; God-likeness...
- The era of collective repentance. Sheler, Jeffery L. // U.S. News & World Report;7/3/95, Vol. 119 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the issue of collective repentance. Southern Baptist Convention which lamented past acts of evil such as slavery; Other examples of Christian confession and repentance for historical sins; Validity of the notion of collective guilt; Danger of preaching forgiveness without requiring...
- Editorial. Lalleman, Pieter J. // European Journal of Theology;2009, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p103
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses articles presented at the Annual Book Colloquium of the Kirby Laing Institute for Christian Ethics (KLICE) in Cambridge, England in September 2008.
- A life of harmony. // Christian Science Monitor;10/11/96, Vol. 88 Issue 223, p17
States that whereas dissonance has a place in music, discord is an unnatural feature, and should therefore play no part in human lives. Belief that one's love for God should make one reject trouble; What is the source of human discord; Importance of believing that there is only one Almighty power.