PLURALISM THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
- Duggan champions public TV. Zier, Julie A. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p154
Reports on Ervin S. Duggan's advocacy of public television at the Federal Communications Bar Association meeting in January 1994. Assumption of presidency of the Public Broadcasting Service on February 1, 1994; Praise for the United States administration's creation of a national information...
- Diversity. // Quill;Sep95, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p22
Presents the view of Erv Duggan, president of Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) on the head of programming position.
- FCC Commissioner Ervin Duggan last week warned public broadcasters not to allow themselves to be... McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p62
Reports on Ervin Duggan of the Federal Communications Commission's warning to public broadcasters not to allow themselves to be bypassed by the information superhighway. Innovative features of the superhighway.
- Duggan sings praises of engineers, technology. West, Don // Broadcasting & Cable;6/19/95, Vol. 125 Issue 25, p38
Reports on PBS President Ervin Duggan's keynote address on the television broadcasting industry. Image of politicians; Praises for engineers; Implications of new electronic technologies; Challenges; Expectations.
- Commercial world predicted in public TV's future. Walsh, Thomas // Variety;4/17/95, Vol. 358 Issue 11, p28
Presents the speech of Ervin S. Duggan, president and CEO of the Public Broadcasting Service on commercial broadcasting (CB). Scenarios of a broadcasting world devoid of public television; Impact of de-funding public broadcasting on CB.
- Duggan advises targeted role for government in high tech. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;5/31/93, Vol. 123 Issue 22, p54
Reports on Federal Communications Commission Commissioner Ervin Duggan's warning to fellow Democrats on the government's technology policies. Government's grant of spectrum to create the cellular phone industry; Approach in designing the telecommunications superhighway; Investment rate in the...
- Untitled. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/4/94, Vol. 124 Issue 14, p36
Reports on PBS President Ervin Duggan's views regarding public television's loss of children's audience to commercial television networks. Duggan's appearance on public television's `TechnoPolitics'; Difference between commercial and noncommercial networks in terms of imperatives that affect...
- What the doctor ordered. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 49, p110
Editorial. Comments on the appointment of Ervin Duggan as president of PBS. Duggan's appointment to the US Federal Communications Commission; Achievements in the commission; Impact of his appointment on public broadcasting.
- Duggan: New kid on the block. Jessel, Harry; Zier, Julie // Broadcasting & Cable;1/31/94, Vol. 124 Issue 5, p16
Interviews Public Broadcasting Service President Ervin Duggan on public broadcasting. Justification of public broadcasting in the context of cable television popularity; Commercial imperative concept; Influence of culturally oriented cable services; Financial pressures; Confidence in public...