Abortion Facts and Feelings
- Inconvenient Lives. Bork, Robert H. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Dec1996, Issue 68, p9
Discusses the way U.S. people view abortion. Decision of lawmakers on turning abortion into a constitutional right; Focus of the moral debate over abortion according to professor James Q. Wilson; Use of abortion by women as a birth control technique.
- Annual abortions down worldwide, but many remain unsafe. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Dec2007, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p20
The article reports that the number of induced abortion worldwide has decreased between 1995 and 2003, but almost half of it is unsafe. As published in the October 13, 2007 issue of "The Lancet," the annual number of abortion fell from 46 million to 42 million in 2003, of which 48% were unsafe,...
- Abortion. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p6
Presents information on abortion. Description of abortion; Reason abortions are performed; Information on how first trimester abortions are performed; Changes in the body after abortion.
- The PA crime debate: Make it about character and community. Eberly, Don // Executive Report;Mar1995, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p74
Editorial. Comments on the Pennsylvania Legislature's special session on crime. Provisions aimed to tighten state criminal laws; Failure to understand the root of crime; James Q. Wilson's views on crime; What a conversation about crime should emphasize.
- MUCH TO ANSWER FOR JAMES Q. WILSON'S LEGACY. Loury, Glenn C. // Boston Review;May/Jun2012, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p48
An obituary for political scientist and criminologist James Q. Wilson is presented.
- For the want of a nail. Grace, Kevin Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/01/96, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p19
Reports on criminologist James Q. Wilson's broken window theory on crime. Assumption by Wilson that unless petty neighborhood crime is prevented, crime continues to grow.
- James Q. Wilson on the moral sense. Kimball, Roger // New Criterion;Sep93, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
Discusses the opinion of James Q. Wilson on morality. Innateness in man of making moral judgments; Acknowledgment of social responsibility; Introduction of common sense; Acquaintance with moral philosophy; Elements of the moral sense; Application of anthropological literature and developmental...
- EL ABORTO TERAPÃ‰UTICO EN NICARAGUA: EL DIÃLOGO COMO PARTE DE LA SOLUCIÃ“N AL CONFLICTO. Monge, Melba de la Cruz Barrantes; Morales, Elizabeth Mercado // Acta BioÃ©thica;2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p106
The withdrawal of the Law on Therapeutic Abortion in Nicaragua has generated a conflict of opinions in the Nicaraguan society and no consensus has been reached up to this minute in the different scopes of its community. The Law is clear as to forbid its practice, but it is essential to study an...
- Abortion: No Psychological Toll. // Family Planning Perspectives;May/Jun90, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p100
The article presents a discussion on psychological problems related to abortions. Serious psychological problems following induced abortion are rare, according to a wide-ranging review of the psychological literature. On the contrary, relief and happiness are much more common short-term...