It's the Culture, Stupid! 1992 and Our Political Future
- Politics and Beanbag. Kuttner, Robert // American Prospect;2/12/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p4
Comments on the role of political parties in the U.S. politics. Value of partisanship demonstrated by the Republican Party; Views on the 2001 presidential election between George W. Bush and Al Gore; Influence of the mass media; Opinion on the U.S. economy.
- SCHOLASTIC News TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 77 No. 4, September 29, 2008. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6 (Teacher's Edition);9/29/2008, Vol. 77 Issue 4, pT1
This issue focuses on the need for students to understand the ideals, principles and practices of citizenship in a democratic republic. It examines the issues in the U.S. Presidential election of 2008 and why they matter to young students. It presents questions about the political campaigns and...
- ARKANSAS. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;8/28/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p2571
Presents information on the Arkansas politics in relation to the 2004 U.S. presidential elections. Stand of the state on the Republican and the Democratic parties; Views of the state on the presidential candidacy of Senator John Kerry; Economic indicators as of January 2001.
- LOUISIANA. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;8/28/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p2575
Presents information on politics in Louisiana in relation to the 2004 U.S. presidential elections. Percentage of votes earned by Republican and Democratic presidential candidates from 1980 to 2000; Information on the political campaigns of the Democrats; Forecast on the outcome of the efforts...
- OHIO. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;8/28/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p2585
Presents information on politics in Ohio in relation to the 2004 U.S. presidential elections. Presidential election results from 1980 to 2000; Status of Republican and Democratic candidates; Population of the state; Economic indicators as of January 2001.
- PENNSYLVANIA. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;8/28/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p2587
Presents information on politics in Pennsylvania in relation to the 2004 U.S. presidential elections. Number of electoral votes; Presidential election results from 1980 to 2000; List of registered political parties; Population; Economic condition of the state.
- Pocketbook Predictions of Presidential Elections. Anderson, Patrick L.; Geckil, Ilhan Kubilay // Business Economics;Oct2004, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p7
Elaborates the results of a 2004 study regarding the role of pocketbook issues or economic interests in presidential elections in the U.S. Assumptions on the preference of voters, including the income of presidential candidates; Estimation of a pooled state data election model such as...
- The 2004 Presidential Campaign in Historical Perspective. Leuchtenburg, William F. // OAH Magazine of History;Jul2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p58
At first glance, the 2004 presidential campaign appears to confirm the skepticism of students who doubt that history is of any use for comprehending politics today. Three issues dominate the campaign, national security, family values and the economy-and all three originated, or have peaked,...
- Negotiating the Fiscal Rapids. Rivlin, Alice M. // Government Executive;10/15/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p83
The article reports that fiscal issues, upstaged by terrorism and war, have not been prominent in the 2004 election campaign in the U.S., but they are certain to dominate the next presidency. Negotiating skills are especially crucial because none of these problems can be solved by one political...