TRIMMING FAITH TO THE ACADEMY
- Teaching Religious Understanding. Nicola, Irene // Ethos;2009, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p21
The article explores the significance of understanding religion. It notes that there is an estimated 5 billion people who belong to a religion and this fact justifies the importance of educating students to respect, tolerate and understand other people's beliefs. They should be taught about...
- How Should Religion Be Taught in the Religious School? Aubrey, Edwin E. // Journal of Higher Education;Dec1948, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p460
The article presents the teaching of religion in schools in the United States. It suggests that religion should be taught in a way where students will understood the concepts of religious instructions and be capable of adapting in his life those teachings of religious education. Teachers should...
- To Think as a Child, To Pray as a Child. DI GIACOMO, JAMES J. // America;4/22/1978, Vol. 138 Issue 15, p320
The article focuses on how children's religious education influence mature faith in the transition through adolescence to adulthood. Parents Carol Powell and David Powell endorses the role of parents as religious educators. The Christian community is known for placing emphasis on formal...
- Seeing "That of God" in Texts: Christian Practices for Training in Perception. Cobb, Christopher // Christianity & Literature;Winter2009, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p243
This article focuses on the advantages of the study in religious practices as the main element of the religious turn. It outlines the benefits of religious practices which served as a starting point of religious scholarship in literature, and highlights the different activities in religious...
- IN PRAISE OF THE CHURCH LADY. Linville, Mark // Christianity Today;Nov2005, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p64
Presents an article reflecting on several imperfect people who provided invaluable service of laying a solid foundation for the faith and Christian virtues in his adult life.
- On being a religious school now. Nazro, Lucy C. // Independent School;Winter2002, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p66
Details the religious program of St. Andrews Episcopal School in Texas. Implications of establishing a religious school; Important aspects of a covenant; Advantages of laying a religious foundation.
- Locating Theology. Groves, Martin // Journal of Adult Theological Education;Dec2004, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p147
The paper reflects on the meaning and place of theology in relation to the secular academy, the faith communities and to cognate disciplines, particularly the study of religions. it draws attention to the importance of the distinctions made by religious people between God, knowledge about God,...
- The Pattern of Christian Truth. George, Timothy // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul2005, Issue 154, p21
Comments on the integration of faith and learning. Argument that the reason that the integration of faith and learning has become little more than a rhetorical gesture in the evangelical academy may be that the Bible itself has become marginalized within the academic discourse; Development of...
- FEATURE "X.". KIMSEY, FRED; LEMOINE, ROY E.; SENSER, BOB; JAGDE, THOMAS // America;1/22/1955, Vol. 92 Issue 17, p422
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Subversion of Faith by Intellectuals," by Ralph Strode in the October 9, 1954 issue and "Another Look at Subversion of Faith," by James J. Maguire in the December 12, 1954 issue.