CLINTON ON RELIGIOUS FREEDOM
- ANTI-ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM. Rosen, Jeffrey // New Republic;02/24/97, Vol. 216 Issue 8, p10
Expresses opinion on the decision of U.S. President Bill Clinton to sign the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) into law in November 1993. Views of Vice-President Al Gore on RFRA; Conflict with the Constitutional law; Adverse effects of its implementation.
- Statement on receiving the interim report of the Secretary... Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/26/98, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p125
Presents the text of a statement given by the president of the United States on January 23, 1998 which deals with the interim report of the secretary of state's Special Advisory Committee on religious freedom abroad.
- Reviving Religion in Russia. // Christian Science Monitor;10/31/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 238, p10
Suggests that United States President Bill Clinton should attempt to influence the Russian government's policy on religious freedom.
- Freedom of Worship. Durant, Will // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb1979, Vol. 251 Issue 1, p60
Reflects on the freedom of worship in the U.S. Difference between man and animal; Significance of the freedom of religion.
- Memorandum on Delegation of Responsibilities Under the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/23/99, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p1647
Presents the text of the memorandum sent by United States President Bill Clinton dated August 17, 1999 to the Secretary of State about the delegation of responsibilities under the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998.
- RELIGION AND THE LAW IN THE CLINTON ERA: AN ANTI-MADISONIAN LEGACY. Hamilton, Marci A. // Law & Contemporary Problems;Winter/Spring2000, Vol. 63 Issue 1/2, p359
Examines the rhetoric of United States President Bill Clinton concerning religion and the law. Administration's actions to promote religious free exercise; Documentation of the role played by the administration with respect to religion for historical purposes; Integration of religious entities...
- THE RELIGION PROVISIONS OF THE NEBRASKA CONSTITUTION: AN ANALYSIS AND LITIGATION HISTORY. Patrick, Jeremy // Journal of Law & Religion (Journal of Law & Religion);2003/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p331
Determines the meaning of the Nebraska Constitution's religious provisions. Role in the future of religious freedom in the state; Reason why the constitution remains relevant in an era of a nationalized Bill of Rights; Methodology used in trying to determine if the constitution provides greater...
- Council and Liberty. // America;3/14/1964, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p335
The author focuses on the role of religious liberty to the success of the Second Vatican Council. Cardinal Richard Cushing of Boston, Massachusetts and San Antonio Archbishop Robert E. Lucey of Texas stressed the importance of such liberty to the council. The social encyclical of Pope John XXIII...
- Reconciling Equal Protection and Religious Liberty. Foltin, Richard T. // Human Rights;Jan2013, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p2
The article presents information on the prospects on the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) and the Religious Liberty Protection Act (RLPA) in the U.S. According to the author, the collapse of a consensus in support of a broader standard protecting religious free exercise between of RFRA...