The Fifties Without Soul
- How politicians discovered TV. Halberstam, David // Advertising Age;6/28/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 27, p27
Presents an excerpt from David Halberstam's book "The Fifties."
- Audio reviews. Annichiarico, Mark // Library Journal;7/1/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p149
Reviews the sound recording `The Fifties,' by David Halberstam, read by Edwin Newman.
- BEST DECADE EVER. Seligman, Daniel // Fortune;7/26/1993, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p137
Reviews the book "The Fifties," by David Halberstam.
- Fifty-Fifty. King, Florence // National Review;6/21/1993, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p72
The article reviews the book "The Fifties," by David Halberstam.
- Looking for the little-known links. Ermelino, Louisa // People;6/14/93, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p37
Presents comments from David Halberstam, 59, on the six years of work that went into the book `The Fifties.' He lives in Manhattan with his wife, Jean, their daughter Julia, 12, and their dog Winnie.
- King David. Kirn, Walter // Vanity Fair;Jun93, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p96
Profiles journalist and book writer David Halberstam. Work experience; Writing style; Successes; Award; Attitudes; His works includes `The Best and the Brightest,' and `The Fifties'.
- "Never Let Them Intimidate You" Halberstam, David // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p36
Presents an excerpt from the speech delivered by journalist David Halberstam during the commencement event of the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism in New York in 2005.
- Pulitzer-winning writer chronicled politics, sports. Halberstam, David // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/24/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 14, p64
The article presents an obituary for David Halberstam, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author.
- David Halberstam, 1934-2007. Meacham, Jon // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);5/7/2007 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 149 Issue 19, p54
The article presents an obituary for David Halberstam, who was a journalist at "The New York Times" and author of "The Best and the Brightest" among other books.