THE FIRST FIVE YEARS
- 'USA Weekend' celebrates 20 years. Saba, Jennifer // Editor & Publisher;Sep2005, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p13
Reports on the 20th anniversary celebration of the periodical "USA Weekend" as a Sunday magazine on September 8, 2005. Background on the publication; Strategy employed by the periodical to attract younger readers; Improvement in the circulation of the magazine.
- Editors Comment. // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn2005, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p2
Comments on the plans of the editorial board of "Wilson Quarterly" for the 30th anniversary of the periodical in 2006. Activities that will be initiated as part of the celebration; Relationship of the periodical with its readers.
- From the center. Blitzer, Charles // Wilson Quarterly;Winter93, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p7
Comments on the period early in the transition from President George Bush to President-elect Bill Clinton in the United States. Change from one party to another; Incompatibility of tranquility and excitement; Paucity of important visitors at the White House; Construction of the inaugural...
- Papers angle for reader appeal. Ryan, Rosemary // B&T Weekly;6/11/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2475, p18
Features the magazine West Australian and News Limited in Australia. Readership; Magazine design; Appeal of the magazine to readers.
- Mag reflex. // NZ Marketing Magazine;May/Jun2011, p78
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics in magazine marketing including 75 percent of magazines marketed in New Zealand are released domestically, 60 percent of women aged 25 to 59 years have read a minimum of one of the 5 best consumer monthly magazines, and 74 percent of New...
- UNDERSTANDING THE MAGAZINE/WEB EXPERIENCE: A MANIFESTO. Sheiman, Bruce // Media Industry Newsletter;1/16/2006, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the reasons behind the worthiness of a well-edited magazine. Ability of its editorial to transform information into insight and knowledge; Involvement of a consumer in a subject; Acquisition of confidence and control by readers through reading.
- IN THE YEAR 2028. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;6/2/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 22, pA168
This article focuses on the readership of the Chicago, Illinois-based periodical 'Crain's,' in the year 2028 as of June, 2003. For the last 25 years, readers of the periodical have represented the city's business elite. That will still be true when the publication hits the 50-year mark in 2028....
- Ha-ha! We're 35! Smith, Evan // Texas Monthly;Feb2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p28
The author reflects on the 35th anniversary of "Texas Monthly" magazine. He claims that the magazine is highly profitable and doing a great job journalistically, which is why it was able to reach 35 years. For their anniversary issue, they carefully chose among story ideas that dealt with the...
- The Eastern Door to celebrate Kanien'kÃ© on front page. // Eastern Door;3/29/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p8
The article focuses on the celebration by the periodical as Kanien'KÃ©ha is published on the first page.