THE RULING "WE" OF THE AMERICAN JEWISH CONGRESS
- Politics isn't the only game. // National Journal;3/8/97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p443
Reports that New York University Law School's Brennan Center for Justice head Burt Neuborne's had an answer to United States Republican Robert W. Goodlatte's question on how proposals for offering political candidates free television time would work.
- The Myth of Superiority. Rubenstein, William B. // Constitutional Commentary;Winter99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p599
Discusses the opinion of civil liberties litigator Burt Neuborne that federal courts were systematically preferable to state courts as a forum for the protection of federal constitutional rights in the United States. Challenges to Neuborne's thesis; Debate in 1977 with an endorsement of the...
- Worth Quoting. // CCPA Monitor;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2
The article presents a speech by Burt Neuborne highlighting the campaign funds for the presidential elections in the U.S.
- Celluliod conversion. // ABA Journal;Feb97, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p14
Discusses the appearance of real life lawyer Burt Neuborne in the motion picture `The People vs. Larry Flynt'.
- Notes on church-state affairs: Saudi Arabia. Beck, Rosalie; Hendon, David W. // Journal of Church & State;Winter95, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p201
Reports that the Saudi Arabian government arrested about 110 Islamic dissidents. Quasim region as the location of majority of the arrested Islams; Governments creation of the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs as an alternative to the Ulemas Council.
- So they say. // ABA Journal;Apr98, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p14
Presents several quotes from lawyers and jury on various topics. Statement by a Jasper, Georgia jury on a disorderly conduct case; Comment of Daniel Polsby, a Northwestern University law professor, on the Monica Lewinsky affair; Comment of Burt Neuborne, a New York University law professor,...
- MADISON'S MUSIC. // Kirkus Reviews;12/1/2014, Vol. 82 Issue 23, p1
Constitutional expert Neuborne (Civil Liberties/New York Univ. Law School; Building a Better Democracy: Reflections on Money, Politics and Free Speech, 1999, etc.) offers a cogent critique of America's "highly dysfunctional political system," abetted by Supreme Court interpretations of the Bill...
- Getting His Due. Siegel, Joel // New York;10/9/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p42
The article discusses the claim of Burt Neuborne, professor at the School of Law of the New York University, for a $4,760,000 settlement funds from the Jewish Holocaust survivors, after he won the class action lawsuit against the Swiss banks for plundering the Jewish assets during the World War...
- Quashing 'dissent'. EWENS, THOMAS // Commonweal;3/8/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to Jerry Ryan's article "Orthodoxy & Dissent," in the February 8, 2012 issue.