Freedom and the Unknown God
- Full Speed Ahead to 'Whatever' Postmodern! Post-Congregational? Fillebrown, William // International Congregational Journal;Winter2014, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p41
The prevailing culture trend in the Western world is 'postmodernism'. The focus of this paper revolves around the question of whether or not we, as Congregationalists, have adopted a postmodern mindset in terms of how we live out our ecclesiology and how we live out our faith. In answering this...
- THE UNEASY ALLIANCE RECONCEIVED: CATHOLIC THEOLOGICAL METHOD, MODERNITY AND POSTMODERNITY. Tracy, David // Theological Studies;Sep89, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p548
Discusses Catholic theological method, modernity and postmodernity. Fundamental elements of religion; Use of anthropology and history of religion methods; Correlational method of fundamental theology; Criteria for fundamental theology in the postmodern situation.
- Shorter notices. Schreiter, Robert // Theological Studies;Dec97, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p771
Reviews the book `Revisioning Mission: The Catholic Church and Culture in Postmodern America,' by Richard G. Cote.
- Postmodernism And Its Contextual Implications On Single Adult Ministry. BEARDEN, Perry Kim // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2002, p1
The purpose of the project was to provide a scholarly base of research to aid in the understanding of some of the foundational elements of theology and history, the biblical issues of ministry, and the effects of postmodernism on each, in order to determine what effective ministry to single...
- Five Streams of the Emerging Church. McKnight, Scot // Christianity Today;Feb2007, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p34
The article discusses the key elements of the emerging church movement in North America. The movement is described as consciously and deliberately provocative. The emerging movement is connected to postmodernity and is praxis-oriented, where its distinctive emphasis can be seen in worship,...
- CATECHESIS IN THE POST-MODERN WORLD: CHALLENGE AND CELEBRATION. Bellows, Philippa // Journal of Religious Education;2013, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p33
God's revelation is handed on through catechesis. To be a catechist is both a privilege and a challenge. This paper acknowledges that all is not well in the postmodern world of evangelisation, catechesis and Catholic formation and brings the Church's teaching into the context of challenges faced...
- Reconciliation: The Major Conflict in Postmodernity An Orthodox Contribution to a Missiological Dialogue. Papathanasiou, Athanasios N. // Greek Orthodox Theological Review;Spring-Winter2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1-4, p31
The article analyzes how men should evaluate reconciliation and conflict in postmodernity. It explains the perspective introduced by the Christian faith, which is the theology that approaches the mystery of the Holy Trinity. Also discussed are the fulfillment of the eschatological kingdom of...
- Shaping a church in the postmodern age. Fox, Thomas C. // National Catholic Reporter;10/4/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 42, p36
Editorial. Comments on the way the Catholic Church handled the sexual abuse scandals involving priests. Dependence of bishops on lawyers; Changes caused by postmodernism; Need for self-examination in the celebration of the 40th anniversary of Second Vatican Council.
- Between Rejection of Religion and World-Saving: Itineraries of Sociology and Postsecular Social Theory. HAŁAS, ELŻBIETA // Polish Sociological Review;2014, Issue 186, p167
Encroachments of contemporary social theory on the field of theology are the focal point of this essay. In postmodemity, theology facilitates connections with social theory. In the domain of theology, sociocultural problems are being presented as theological issues. Secularized variants of world...