Where You Lead I Will Follow?
- Faith leaders want Americans to pray for collegiality. // National Catholic Reporter;1/18/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p12
The article informs that a cohesive group of religious and faith leaders in the U.S. wants citizens to pray for civility and betterment of the nation.
- Postdependency? The Third World in an era of globalism and late-capitalism. James, Paul // Alternatives: Global, Local, Political;Apr-Jun1997, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p205
Focuses on the millions of children who die annually of starvation, while emphasising on the disregard of dependency theories put in place by the West to help Third World countries. View that global capitalism was not effective in the elimination of poverty in Third World countries; Calls for...
- Banking on the third world. Ryan, Megan // World Watch;Jul/Aug1992, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p38
No abstract available.
- A long way to go. // Christianity Today;2/3/89, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p46
James Grant of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) reports that families in developing countries are continuing to live in poverty and sickness, in spite of a rise in immunizations given to children.
- Third World debt. Smith, Tony // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/8/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6823, p388
Focuses on the economic and health issues in the Third World countries. Efforts of the United Nations World Health Organization to immunize children in Third World countries from common fever; Reasons for the poverty experienced in the Third World countries; Role of the free market system on...
- A new weapon in the war on poverty. Garson, Jose // UNESCO Courier;Jan97, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p12
States the strategy that microfinance must use and what people should do in order to alleviate poverty. Economists definition of scales of poverty; Problems that can be encountered in the creation of small projects; Savings as another way of alleviating the life of the poor; Factors that a good...
- The global poverty crisis. Gan, Steven // Earth Island Journal;Fall92, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p30
Deplores the continued widening of the gap between the rich and poor in Third World countries. Number of people who die of starvation and diseases each day; High consumption and waste of the rich; Pauperization and dispossession of the poor; Elusiveness of peace; Pitfalls of the strategy of...
- ask Dr. Dollar. MacEwan, Arthur // Dollars & Sense;Jan/Feb2008, Issue 274, p30
The article provides an answer to a question about poverty in the developing world.
- Control malaria to help defeat poverty, says WHO. Kmietowicz, Zosia // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/29/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7243, p1161
Focuses on the significance of controlling malaria in the third world countries to help fight poverty level. Expenditure on malaria from the national gross product of countries such as Sri Lanka; Short term benefit of malaria control in Sub-Saharan Africa; Indications of a report of the World...