WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The Dark Night of Mother Teresa. Zaleski, Carol // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;May2003, Issue 133, p24
Focuses on the life of Mother Teresa of Calcutta as a classic Christian mystic. Consistency of the teachings on the law of love; Loss of spiritual consolation; Desolation of the kinds of darkness to which the spiritual life can lead.
- Mother Teresa, the Myth and the Person. EGAN, EILEEN // America;3/22/1980, Vol. 142 Issue 11, p239
The article discusses the notoriety brought by the 1979 Nobel Peace Prize to Mother Teresa and her way of serving the poor. One cited influence of Mother Teresa is her power to be a point of reconciliation between different persons and groups. The tendency of the religious person to put her in a...
- No Genies, No Crutches. // Men of Integrity;May/Jun2015, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
The author points out that suffering and evil cause Christians their biggest degree of doubt and cites a 2007 collection of religious sister Mother Teresa's private letters, called "Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light," which showed that she occasionally experienced periods of intense doubt.
- Understanding the 'dark night of the soul'. Stimpson, Emily // Our Sunday Visitor;5/31/2015, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p14
No abstract available.
- Mother Teresa Miracle. // America;1/4/2016, Vol. 214 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the approval of miracle to saint Mother Teresa on her canonization on December 17, 2015 by Pope Francis and mentions incident of a patient who was from suffering viral brain infection and treated by her miracle.
- Faith in the little things. Bean, Danielle // Catholic Digest;Apr2016, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses topics related to the Catholic Church in terms of faith and sainthood as well as about Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
- People. // Christian Century;1/11/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 1, p15
Presents an update related to Christians as of January 11, 2003. Approval given by Pope John Paul II to the beatification of Mother Teresa of Calcutta; Death of ethicist Lewis B. Smedes on December 19, 2002.
- MOTHER TERESA'S LIGHT. Hutchens, S. M. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p5
The author reflects on the deep communion of Mother Teresa with Jesus and regards her as a Christian of the very highest order, an example of sanctity. The author gives importance to Mother Teresa for giving her life of service before a background of deep loneliness, spiritual dryness and lack...
- Modern-day saints. TOMEO, TERESA // Our Sunday Visitor;9/11/2016, Vol. 105 Issue 20, p17
No abstract available.