PLURALISM AGAINST ITSELF
- The Price Of Prejudice. // Conde Nast Portfolio;Jul2008, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p10
The author explains why all good capitalists should support gay marriage. It stresses that attitudes toward gay rights are an important barometer of a society's broader tolerance and diversity. Corporations in the U.S. understand that fostering tolerance and diversity is important in order to...
- Standing on ceremony. // Advocate;3/5/96, Issue 702, p14
Reports on the passage of measures banning recognition of same-sex marriages in different states in the United States. Gay-marriage bans in California and South Dakota; Proposed referendum on the issue in Washington State; San Francisco board of supervisors' decision to allow a civil ceremony...
- City's domestic partner proposal fails. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/15/2003, Issue 803, p31
Reports that a proposal to acknowledge same sex marriage has fallen one vote short of approval in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Judge dismisses suit challenging ban on same-sex unions. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/15/2003, Issue 803, p32
Reports on judge's dismissal of a lawsuit challenging Indiana's ban on recognizing same-sex unions, ruling that state law clearly defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
- Russian pop stars pledge marriage. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/15/2003, Issue 803, p33
Reports on issues concerning gay marriage in Russia.
- Tory leader mouths off. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/15/2003, Issue 803, p33
Reports on issues concerning gay marriage in Canada.
- Why lesbians have to get active now. Hoenninger, Jody // Lesbian News;May95, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p62
Focuses on the efforts of the Radical Religious Right (RRR) to oppose equal marriage rights in the United States. Efforts of the gay and lesbian community to fight the proposal; Call for the community to come out and oppose the sexism espoused by the RRR.
- Lesbians of the marrying kind. Torres, Vicki // Lesbian News;Jun95, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p69
Focuses on the case Baehr v. Lewin, a lawsuit filed in May 1991 by two gay men and two lesbian couples in Hawaii seeking the legality of their unions. Opposition of Health Services Director Jack Lewin to the marriages; Implications of the lawsuit to the lesbian community.
- Tennessee can ban lesbian/gay marriages. Ocamb, Karen // Lesbian News;Mar96, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p38
Reports from Nashville, Tennessee, on the Legislation banning of homosexual marriages. Comments from Attorney General Charles Burson.