Maritain and the Jews
- The Achievement of Jacques Maritain. Novak, Michael // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Dec1990, Issue 8, p39
Seeks the essence of the achievement of Jacques Maritain, a man who, in addition to his intellectual stature, was widely esteemed for his holiness of life. Difference between the existing of things and their essential characteristics; Discussion on the sharp difference between a Thomist view of...
- CHRISTIANITY AND DEMOCRACY. Maritam, Jacques // Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1/2, p143
In this engaging APSA address, Jacques Maritain outlines the essential relationship between Christianity and democracy. In Maritain's view, it is the Gospel or the Christian leaven which has awakened the secular, temporal consciousness to supreme moral principles and the real content of...
- ALLE ORIGINI DEL RIPENSAMENTO SULLA Â«PERFIDIA GIUDAICAÂ» Ebrei, Cristiani e Chiesa nella storiografia di FÃ©lix Vernet (1863-1942). TABARRINI, LORENZO // Rivista di Storia del Cristianesimo;2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p161
When, during the spring of 1948, Jacques Maritain provided Giovanni Battista Montini with a brief bibliography of the texts analyzing the meaning of the adjective Â«perfidusÂ» and of the noun Â«perfidiaÂ» in the pro perfidis Judaeis prayer of the Good Friday liturgy, the French...
- FILOSOFÃA Y TEOLOGÃA DEL TRABAJO EN JACQUES MARITAIN. López González, José Luis // Excerpta et Dissertationibus in Sacra Theologia;2002, Vol. 41, p387
No abstract available.
- Christianity and Democracy and The Rights of Man and the Natural Law. // Catholic Answer;sep/Oct2012, p37
The article reviews the book "Christianity and Democracy and the Rights of Man and the Natural Law," by Jacques Maritain.
- CHRISTIAN HERITAGE AND DEMOCRACY IN EUROPE. Merutiu, Monica D. // Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1/2, p51
The Judeo-Christian tradition has put its imprint on a fascinating and complex creation: Europe. Looking at the European stage today, one cannot help notice its struggles, challenges, and changes. The core of European unity cannot be stable and durable if the spiritual dimension is left aside,...
- Augusto Del Noce: Catholics and Liberals. Maritain in Italian's philosophical and political thinking. BUSTAMANTE KUSCHEL, GONZALO // Revista Cultura EconÃ³mica;ago2012, Vol. 30 Issue 83, p3
The philosophical-political thought of Jacques Maritain had a significant influence in Italy during the second half of the XX century, especially among the political leaders of the ruling Christian democracy. In a strictly theoretical field it was Augusto Del Noce who introduced Maritain s ideas...
- NOTES ON THE LORD'S PRAYER. McCORRY, VINCENT P. // America;3/14/1964, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p350
The article reviews the book "Notes on the Lord's Prayer," by RaÃ¯ssa and Jacques Maritain.
- Kantian Christianity. // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn98, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p129
Reviews the article `The Christian Democracy of Glenn Tinder and Jacques Maritain,' by Robert P. Kraynak which appeared in the spring 1998 issue of `Perspectives on Political Science.'