A Primer on the Devil
- Luther as Environmentalist: The Liberating Gospel and Care for Creation. Bergh, Johan // Trinity Seminary Review;Winter/Spring2014, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p45
The article offers the author's insights on aspect of environmentalism of German theologian Martin Luther. Topics discussed include Christianity as a religion established by Jesus Christ, perspectives of Lutheran systematic theologian Gerhard Forde on reformation explosion, and an article of...
- Eucharist then, Scripture now: How Evangelicals can Learn from an Old Controversy. Bovell, Carlos R. // Evangelical Review of Theology;Oct2006, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p322
The article presents a comparison of earlier controversies over the Eucharist with contemporary concerns about the Scripture. Different opinions still persist regarding the Lord's Supper in regard to its purpose, its manner of presentation and so on. The view of reformation leader Martin Luther...
- The Place of the Devil in Lutheran Catechesis. Von Hagel, Tom // Lutheran Education;2007, Vol. 141 Issue 2, p103
The article presents an essay which examines the content and style of the devil in Martin Luther's catechisms for producing a pedagogical paradigm in contemporary Lutheran catechesis. It has been stated that the doctrine concerning the devil is one locus in the large corpus of Christian...
- Times of trial. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;11/14/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 31, p39
Focuses on the writings of Martin Luther in relation to the situations of Christians in 2001. Passages from the writings of Luther that reflects the current situations; Views of Luther about times of trial; Biblical passage that applies to people who are suffering.
- A Lutheran Perspective on Education. Sandsmark, Signe // Journal of Education & Christian Belief;Autumn2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p97
Presents information on the Lutheran thinking on education. Background on theologian Martin Luther; Discussion on Christian education; Details on the secular and spiritual models of government; Purposes of God for Christians.
- COBBLESTONE RESOURCES. // Calliope;May/Jun2012, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p44
The article reports that the issues related to the reformation are available from the website of Cobblestone Publishing Inc. which includes, one on monasteries, the other on Christianity and the third on the priest, Martin Luther.
- THE NEW CREATION AND DOING THE TRUTH Christianity as More than a Religion. NOVELLO, HENRY L. // Compass (10369686);Summer2010, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p28
An essay is presented on author Paul Tillich's understanding of Jesus Christ as the One in whom has appeared the New Being. It examines his conception of Christian truth that Christianity is to be regarded as more than a religion. It discusses two fundamental pitfalls to be avoided in respect of...
- DEVIL. // Armageddon Now;2006, p149
A discussion about the devil is presented. It highlights the religious song in which Christians are reminded that the devil is the ultimate reason for the events surrounding Armageddon by Martin Luther. Devils are not confined to Christianity, but in Christian, late Jewish and Islamic...
- Mountaintop Vision. Reid, Barbara E. // America;3/14/2011, Vol. 204 Issue 8, p31
The article presents a reflection regarding Jesus Christ's transfiguration. It reflects that Matthew's version of the transfigurration emphasizes Jesus' righteousness. The transfiguration of Jesus is similar to the mountaintop experience of Moses and Elijah, which allow Him to see God's vision...