The People versus Martin Heidegger
- OUT OF THE FREIBURG, INTO THE FIRE. Eakin, Hugh // Lingua Franca: The Review of Academic Life;Sep2001, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p9
Discusses the influence of the Nazi ideology on Martin Heidegger, a German philosopher and author. Contributions of Heidegger to the Nazi academic life; Overview of Heidegger's philosophy in line with the Nazi ideology; Activities of Heidegger during the Nazi period.
- Betraying the own-most: Heidegger and pitfalls of being-there. Joronen, M.; Imre, R. // Geographica Helvetica;2015, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p199
The article discusses the emergence of debates about the involvement of philosopher Martin Heidegger in scandalous politics and his engagement with National Socialism.
- Zollikon Seminars. Heidegger, M. // Topos (18150047);2012, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p189
No abstract available.
- UNEARTHING HEIDEGGER'S ROOTS ON CHARLES BAMBACH'S HEIDEGGER'S ROOTS: NIETZSCHE, NATIONAL SOCIALISM, AND THE GREEKS. Colony, Tracy // Studia Phaenomenologica;2006, Vol. 6, p439
Charles Bambach's recent book Heidegger's Roots: Nietzsche, National Socialism, and the Greeks traces the themes of rootedness and the earthly in Heidegger's thought. Focusing on the role of these themes in the major works of the 1930's, Bambach offers an account of Heidegger's relation to...
- Chapter Eight: THE END OF THE TRAIL. // Martin Heidegger on the Way;1996, p113
Chapter 8 of the book "Martin Heidegger on the Way," is presented. It explores the literature on the relations of philosopher Martin Heidegger with the philosophy of Nazism and rise of national socialism as a political factor. It highlights the difference between national socialism and the Nazi...
- HEIDEGGER'S HIDDEN PATH: FROM PHILOSOPHY TO POLITICS. Korab-Karpowicz, W. J. // Review of Metaphysics;Dec2007, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p295
The article investigates philosopher Martin Heidegger's critique of the Western metaphysical tradition and on an interpretation of his most controversial statement from "An Introduction to Metaphysics" about the inner truth and greatness of National Socialism. It considers a notorious episode in...
- "ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW": ON INTELLECTUAL LIFE AND MORAL RESPONSIBILITY. Serber, Bradley A. // Argumentation & Advocacy;Spring2014, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p253
The article explores the all-you-need-to-know response of the late professor James Aune to question about German philosopher Martin Heidegger. Topics discussed include the refusal by Aune to consider Heidegger's insights due to his involvement with Nazism, the individuals who have engaged in...
- Heidegger as Nazi--a postmodern scandal. Grange, Joseph // Philosophy East & West;Oct91, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p515
Comments on Victor Farias' written work on philosopher Martin Heidegger and on Nazism. Heidegger's involvement with the Nazis; Farias' opposition to the notion that Heidegger's association with the Nazis was a political naivete; Arguments against the notion; Heidegger's philosophic enterprise.
- Heidegger and Nazism. Paskow, Alan // Philosophy East & West;Oct91, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p522
Comments on Victor Farias and Hugo Ott's books on philosopher Martin Heidegger and on Nazism. Influence of Heidegger on world philosophers; Heidegger's motivation to identify with the Nazis; Role of Heidegger in the advancement of Nazism as rector from 1934 to 1945; Connection between...