THE PUBLIC SQUARE
- Early Christian Martyr Stories: An Evangelical Introduction with New Translations. Shelton, W. Brian // Fides et Historia;Winter/Spring2015, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p183
No abstract available.
- ENCOUNTERING THE OTHER: EVANGELICALISM AND TERRORISM IN A POST 911 WORLD. Cook, Anthony E. // Journal of Law & Religion (Journal of Law & Religion);2004/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Examines the impact of terrorism on the evangelical community in the U.S. Development of a terrorist mindset; Line of demarcation between good and evil; Willingness of conservative evangelicalism to Christianize the public domain.
- Nearer My God To Thee. Sheler, Jeffery L.; Hsu, Caroline; Marek, Angie C. // U.S. News & World Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 15, p58
Focuses on the popularity of evangelical Christians and how they are acting more like regular members of society. Way that they are both influencing and being influenced by the society around them; Assertion that evangelicals have integrated into the mainstream; Struggles of evangelicals in the...
- From the Editor, Nancy Nason-Clark. // Sociology of Religion;Fall2004, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p193
This article presents information by Nancy Nason-Clark about the September 2004 issue of the journal "Sociology of Religion." September is the time of new beginnings, for students and faculty alike. Some of us make mental notes of things we wish to change, term papers graded more quickly,...
- Theology of Persecution and Martyrdom; an Example in Globalizing Theology. Sauer, Christof // Evangelical Review of Theology;Jul2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p267
The article presents a theological reflection of persecution and martyrdom. It notes that persecution and martyrdom serves as examples in globalizing theology. Information on "Bad Urach Statement," a document with a subtitle "Towards an Evangelical Theology of Suffering, Persecution, and...
- Early Christian Martyr Stories: An Evangelical Introduction with New Translations. Klink, Aaron // Library Journal;8/1/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 13, p100
No abstract available.
- Exploring Mass Conversion to Christianity Among the Chinese: An Introduction. Yang, Fenggang; Tamney, Joseph B. // Sociology of Religion;Summer2006, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p125
This article previews the June 1, 2006 issue of "Sociology of Religion." The issue focuses on the conversion of the Chinese people to Christianity, and contains a series of articles dedicated to that topic. The conversion of the Chinese people to Christianity has been handled very differently...
- Conversion Studies, Pastoral Counseling, and Cultural Studies: Engaging and Embracing a New Paradigm. Rambo, Lewis // Pastoral Psychology;Aug2010, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p433
This paper is an invitation to explore ways in which the study of conversion, pastoral counseling, and cultural studies may be mutually enriching. The author will provide a survey of contemporary conversion studies with the goal of encouraging pastoral counselors and psychotherapists to include...
- Religion and Regional Culture: Embedding Religious Commitment within Place. Wellman, James K.; Corcoran, Katie E. // Sociology of Religion;Winter2013, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p496
Recently, there has been a call for social scientific studies of religion to start taking â€œplaceâ€ seriously. This paper adds to this growing literature by embedding religious commitment within place. We propose that the tension religious groups experience with their surroundings...