CHALLENGING JEWISH ATTITUDES
- Jewish-Christian Dialogue: Drawing Honey from the Rock. Idinopulos, Thomas A. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Summer2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p491
The article reviews the book "Jewish-Christian Dialogue: Drawing Honey From the Rock," by Alan L. Berger and David Patterson, with David P. Gushee, John T. Pawlikowski, and John K. Roth.
- Christ in the Light of the Christian-Jewish Dialogue. McGArry, Michael L. // America;2/12/1983, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p114
The article reviews the book "Christ in the Light of the Christian-Jewish Dialogue," by John T. Pawlikowski.
- A Rival, a Relative, or Both? Differing Christian Stances Toward Judaism Over Two Millenia. Keith, Graham // Evangelical Quarterly;Apr2003, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p133
Analyzes the Christian attitudes toward Judaism. Adaptation of Judaism to meet the different historical circumstances; Basis in the identification of a Jewish identity; Distinction between Judaism and the Jewish people; Analysis of the non-religious elements of Judaism.
- Confessions of a Rootless Cosmopolitan Jew. Miller, Stephen // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb1992, Issue 20, p41
Presents confessions of a rootless cosmopolitan Jew in the U.S. Views of the Jew on the Holocaust; Interest of the Jew in Christianity; Reasons why his rootless cosmopolitanism disturbs him.
- Catechetics and Prejudice: How Catholic Teaching Materials View Jews, Protestants and Racial Minorities. Buckley, James J. // America;9/15/1973, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p175
The article reviews the book "Catechetics and Prejudice: How Catholic Teaching Materials View Jews, Protestants and Racial Minorities," by John T. Pawlikowski.
- How the Jews Lost the Lead. Pomerantz, Earl // Tikkun;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p88
Presents a satirical view on the status of Judaism as a minority religion. Details on the concept of messiah in Jewish tradition; Reaction of Jews to the coming of several messiahs; Background on Christianity.
- The Dilemma of Jewish Education: To Learn and To Do. Aron, Isa; Ellenson, David // Judaism;Spring84, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p212
Illustrates the complex nature of the challenge confronting Jewish educators in Israel. Lack of assistance and support by public institutions to the beliefs and praxis of traditional rabbinic Judaism; Goals of Jewish education; Tendency of Jews to cast away its rites and beliefs of traditional...
- Is It Good for the Jews? Gibbs, Nancy; Kalman, Matthew; Bower, Amanda // Time International (South Pacific Edition);7/1/2002, Issue 25, p46
Comments on support for Israel among evangelical Christians. Financial aid from Christians for Israel; Suggested motivation for Christians, including a view that Jews are God's people; Argument of Christians that End Times theology does not play a role in their support; Apprehension of some Jews.
- Introduction. Meyerson, Mark // Jewish History;Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
The article introduces the papers presented in the journal, which include one by Paola Tartakoff on Jewish converts to Christianity, one by Alexandra Guerson on conversos in 14th century Aragon, Spain, and one by Natalie Oeltjen on Jewish converts to Lutheranism.