Theology Through the Looking Glass
- Laughing Boy. // New Republic;12/25/29, Vol. 61 Issue 786, p151
The article reviews the book "Laughing Boy," by Oliver La Farge.
- NATURE, MANKIND, AND THE INCARNATION: A FRAMEWORK FOR INTERPRETING THE SOCIO-POLITICAL DIMENSIONS OF JOHN WILLIAMSON NEVIN'S ECCLESIOCENTRIC THEOLOGY. SHEPPARD BORNEMAN, ADAM // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2008, p1
Attempts to interpret the socio-political dimensions of John Williamson Nevin's theology have failed to employ the structures most fundamental to Nevin's hermeneutics, namely, an analogy of being and an insistence upon the "wholeness" of the Incarnation. As a result, presentations of Nevin's...
- Church, Sacrament, and American Democracy: The Social and Political Dimensions of John Williamson Nevin's Theology of Incarnation. Yrigoyen, Charles // Church History;Sep2012, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p720
The article reviews the book "Church, Sacrament, and American Democracy: The Social and Political Dimensions of John Williamson Nevin's Theology of Incarnation," by Adam S. Borneman.
- THEOLOGY DRIVES METHODOLOGY: A COMPARATlVE STUDY OF THE NATURE AND MEANS OF CONVERSION IN THE THEOLOGY OF CHARLES GRANDISON FINNEYAND JOHN WILLIAMSON NEVIN. Dahlfred, Karl Vincent // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2011, preceding p1
The article focuses on the comparative analysis of the theologies of John Williamson Nevin and Charles Grandison Finney on nature and means of conversion. Topics discussed include the course of popular American evangelism, means such as sacraments, preaching, and pastoral visitation as effective...
- Welcoming Antichrist. Hutchens, S. M. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p19
The article offers the author's insight on the essay "Antichrist," by J. W. Nevin, which identifies the spirit of schism and sect as the spirit of antichrist. The author states that Nevin lays down the typical marks of antichrist including the denial of the Church as a real supernatural...
- HARD WINTER. la Farge, Oliver // Saturday Evening Post;12/30/1933, Vol. 206 Issue 27, p5
Presents the short story "Hard Winter," by Oliver La Farge.
- WOMEN AT YELLOW WELLS. La Farge, Oliver // Saturday Evening Post;11/24/1934, Vol. 207 Issue 21, p8
Presents the short story "Women at Yellow Wells," by Oliver La Farge.
- THE ENEMY GODS. LaFarge, John // America;1/29/1938, Vol. 58 Issue 17, p405
The article reviews the book "The Enemy of Gods," by Oliver LaFarge.
- THE COPPER POT (Book). // New Republic;6/29/42, Vol. 106 Issue 26, p902
Reviews the book "The Copper Pot," by Oliver La Farge.