- WHICH "ROE EFFECT"? Fox-Genovese, Elizabeth // Society;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p27
This article focuses on the Roe Effect. The existence of a Roe Effect cannot be doubted. But its nature, causes, and consequences may be. Columnist James Taranto argues for the importance of Roe in the 2004 elections and, by extension, the political attitudes of voters. Since 1973, when the U.S....
- Distasteful demagoguery. Jacobs, Charles // Business News New Jersey;4/3/96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p31
Reports on the United States national elections that has disintegrated into vicious threats over the abortion issue. Threats of a conservative revolt by Pat Buchanan with Bob Dole; Selection of Colin Powell or Christie Whitman as running mate; Objections to their support of abortion rights;...
- Contraception and Induced Abortion in Armenia: A Critical Need for Family Planning Programs in Eastern Europe. Dolian, Gayane; Lüdicke, Frank; Katchatrian, Naira; Morabia, Alfredo // American Journal of Public Health;May98, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p803
Objectives. The purpose of this study was to determine the number of induced abortions per woman of induced abortions per woman and the reasons for selecting induced abortion among parous Armenian women. Methods. A consecutive series of 200 women attending an abortion clinic in Yerevan, Armenia,...
- In three former Soviet States, rates of abortion are declining as contraceptive prevalence increases. Estrin, D.J. // International Family Planning Perspectives;Mar99, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p49
Reports shift from reliance on abortion to use of contraceptives in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and the Kyrgyz Republic from 1990-1999. Statistics on abortion rates and contraceptive use; Determinants of decision to undergo abortion; Prevalence of abortion in urban areas; Projection of trends in...
- Long acting method of contraception. Mascarenhas, Lawrence // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/16/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6935, p991
Examines the long acting methods of contraception in Great Britain. Incidence of rapid population growth; Increase in the rate of abortion; Availability of reversible contraceptives.
- Reproductive perestroika. Jacobson, Jodi L. // World Watch;Sep/Oct1990, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p29
No abstract available.
- From abortion to contraception in Europe. O’Neill, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/3/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6759, p1011
Reports the rate of abortion in Europe. Inadequacy of family planning services; Association between abortion and contraception; Use of mini aspiration vacuum techniques in abortion.
- The People Versus Bill Baird: Struggling for Your Right to Privacy. Baird, Bill // Humanist;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p39
Opinion. Presents the author's view in providing information on birth control and abortion through his experience. Author's arrest and his felony charges; US Supreme Court ruling on the charges; Significance of the Baird versus Eisenstadt case.
- THE RIGHT EAR. // Human Events;10/14/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 38, p24
Reports on the threat posed by U.S. Senate supporters of a partial-birth abortion ban to Republicans. Condition requested by the supporters regarding their votes; Argument raised by Democrats in connection with abortion.