A Government for Real People
- The U.S. GOVERNMENT and How It Works. // World Almanac for Kids;1999, p216
No abstract available.
- The Constitution of the United States. // United States Government Manual;2003/2004, p5
Provides information on the U.S. Constitution. Articles; Amendments; Government structure and framework.
- The Impact of the American Independence and the American Constitution: 1776-1848; with a Brief Epilogue. Dauer, Manning J. // Journal of Politics;Aug76, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p37
Examines the impact of the United States independence and the making of its constitution abroad. Discussion on the pluralist experience and its impact; Legislation on reforms; Influence of the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights;...
- The Law of the Constitution. Meese III, Edwin // National Review;7/17/1987, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p30
Discusses the distinction between the U.S. Constitution and constitutional law. Role of the Supreme Court in making constitutional law; Instances of the exaltation of constitutional law at the expense of the Constitution; Reasons that the Constitution cannot be reduced to constitutional law.
- A Theory of Power. Graglia, Lino // National Review;7/17/1987, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p33
Explains the distinction between the U.S. Constitution and constitutional law. Function of constitutional theory; Purpose of the Constitution; Facts that threaten to undermine the legitimacy of constitutional law.
- The New Science. Novak, Michael // National Review;7/17/1987, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p36
Focuses on the Constitution of the United States. Purpose of the Constitution; Important contents; Level of meaning.
- A MEDITATION FOR INDEPENDENCE DAY. Kilpatrick, James Jackson // National Review;7/4/1986, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p25
Focuses on the celebration of the two hundredth anniversary of the United States Constitution in 1987. Background on the ineffectual Articles of Confederation; Structure and strength of the Constitution; Bad things about contemporary American life.
- What Is Constitutional Conservatism? Levin, Yuval // National Review;11/28/2011, Vol. 63 Issue 22, p30
The author offers opinions on U.S. constitutional law. It is argued that the Constitution was written to specifically reject the idea of direct democracy while also preventing government by a technocratic elite. This is said to indicate the wisdom of an essential skepticism about the ability of...
- ENTRENCHING GOOD GOVERNMENT REFORMS. Tushnet, Mark V. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Fall2011, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p873
An essay is presented that discusses reforms to the U.S. Constitution to promote good governance in the U.S. Topics include procedural amendments, the rare occurrence of U.S. constitutional amendments, and the role of U.S. politicians in supporting the amendment process. It is suggested that...