Marburg and Modernity
- Discovering the truth about Jesus Christ! // Challenge Newsline;Jan2004, Issue 33, p4
Presents Bible passages about Jesus Christ. Teachings and miracles; Writings about Jesus as the Messiah; Relationship with the apostles.
- THE WORD. Reed, Paul A. // America;10/25/1952, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p107
The article presents a bible verse concerning Christ, the King of Kings. It states that people were drawn more and more to Christ as they matured and came to appreciate how the agony in Gethsemane and on Calvary demonstrate victories. It stresses that people can never be disillusioned if they...
- Outward Signs. McCauley, George // America;2/26/1983, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p161
The article presents a gospel reading taken from Saint Luke in commemoration of the third Sunday of Lent. Saint Luke's gospel explains the various signs and symbols that are significant in people's lives. Angels are recognized as the miracle signs of God's liberating presence in this world. The...
- The Christa: Symbolizing My Humanity and My Pain. Clague, Julie // Feminist Theology: The Journal of the Britain & Ireland School o;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p83
Since the mid-1970s, some artists have portrayed Jesus Christ in female form (sometimes referred to as the 'Christa'). The depiction of a female Christ crucified is a particularly controversial representation that challenges theological orthodoxies and upsets the gender symbolism ingrained upon...
- 'Kicking the Daylights out of the Devil': The Victory Motif in Some Recent Atonement Theology. Pugh, Ben // European Journal of Theology;2014, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p32
In 1930, the Swedish theologian Gustav Aulen began to bring back into vogue the patristic notion of Christ's triumph over demonic powers (Christ's Victor). There have been further re-appropriations of this theme in the 'Word of Faith' theology (Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Cope-land), feminist...
- The Jesus Fish: Evolution of a Cultural Icon. Edmondson, Todd // Studies in Popular Culture;Spring2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p57
The article focuses on the evolution of the cultural icon referred to as "the Jesus fish." This is considered a significant sign in the apostolic age when the Christians were recognized as a minority sect in the midst of the Roman Empire. It consists of a picture representing a fish formed by...
- i can do it myself. Ludy, Eric // Campus Life;Jun/Jul2005, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p10
Presents a story which reflects a passage from the bible about the Christian journey. Failure to live a Christian life on one's own strength and power; Importance of Jesus' patience in acknowledging one's inability to achieve perfection; Need to seek assistance from God.
- Devotion to Jesus and Historical Investigation: A Grateful, Clarifying and Critical Response to Professor Casey. Hurtado, Larry W. // Journal for the Study of the New Testament;Sep2004, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p97
Responds to a comments made by Maurice Casey regarding the author's book "Lord Jesus Christ: Devotion to Jesus in the Earliest Christianity." Correction to Casey's outline of the book's major sections; Casey's dissatisfaction with author's handling of linguistic evidence; Casey's objection to...
- I genitori di GesÃ¹. Una rilettura di Matteo e Luca. SCAGLIONI, GERMANO // Miscellanea Francescana;2013, Vol. 113 Issue 1/2, p302
No abstract available.